• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
We'll if it was a dig then it would also be a dig a the wallabies because he spent half his time with them.

Everyone knows Pocock is a very driven player and if you have read his book will know it's more than just drive but obsession which he has admitted at times was unhealthy.

I have felt for years he got to big to quick which is never smart but I feel his knees are shot more because of his style of play and a little bit of help from Jannie duplessi and a night in Perth when he first did his knee and the famous "next time I'll rip you fucking head off" his knees have never been the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hopefully they have it sorted with the 12 month plan

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
You also got Taps in the Reds and Beale at the tahs.

And all have proven themselves at test level and were some of the best players.

So we have a 12 who will play 13 all year and a 15 who will maybe play 12 but hasn't yet.

We wonder what is wrong with aus rugby. That's the thing I love about nz rugby in super rugby you hardly ever see players playing out of position and almost never in the all blacks there is no moving players around to fit them in.

The best in each position plays.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
So we have a 12 who will play 13 all year and a 15 who will maybe play 12 but hasn't yet.

We wonder what is wrong with aus rugby. That's the thing I love about nz rugby in super rugby you hardly ever see players playing out of position and almost never in the all blacks there is no moving players around to fit them in.

Im not saying its right but its what we have happening and to say Goodwin will be a Wallaby when the position has so much competition when the force will probably (hope not I like them) closer to the bottom then the top.. He'd be a bolter. . I hope he makes it to be honest i think his a fantastic talent. I just hate how people say will be wallaby its like Pyle good talent but behind guys with experience same with Carter at the Brumbies and Sio..

:)

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)

That's not strictly true. We don't always have the depth to easily shuffle people about, but it was mostly Deans who insisted on playing players all over the shop.

The All Blacks move people about the backline more frequently than you'd think. Dan Carter has played a bit of 12. There have been people in and out of 13. Ben Smith has been played in the centres and the wings. If I could be bothered having a proper look, I'm sure the recent list of shuffles would be fairly long.

It would also be fairly long at Super Rugby level too.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
That's not strictly true. We don't always have the depth to easily shuffle people about, but it was mostly Deans who insisted on playing players all over the shop.

The All Blacks move people about the backline more frequently than you'd think. Dan Carter has played a bit of 12. There have been people in and out of 13. Ben Smith has been played in the centres and the wings. If I could be bothered having a proper look, I'm sure the recent list of shuffles would be fairly long.

It would also be fairly long at Super Rugby level too.
You use carter and smith as a examples difference being carter has been moved between 10-12 since he made his debut which is a natural progression and not much changes as the same with smith from wing to 13 what you won't see it dagg making the move to 12 unlike the move with Beale. Or Jane playing at 10 like JOC (James O'Connor)

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
You use carter and smith as a examples difference being carter has been moved between 10-12 since he made his debut which is a natural progression and not much changes as the same with smith from wing to 13 what you won't see it dagg making the move to 12 unlike the move with Beale. Or Jane playing at 10 like JOC (James O'Connor)

That's pretty silly statement Beale is a 10 who has been moved to 15 or 12. Not a 15 moved to 10 or 12.

If its a natural progression then To'omua moving from 10 to 12 shouldn't have been an issue for you, just like it shouldnt be an issue that Goodwins a 10 thats playing 12.

Even the Force see him as a 10, maybe they should play him in his 'Correct' Position..

http://www.rugbywa.com.au/Team/WesternForce/PlayerDetail.aspx?pid=94

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
That's pretty silly statement Beale is a 10 who has been moved to 15 or 12. Not a 15 moved to 10 or 12.

If its a natural progression then To'omua moving from 10 to 12 shouldn't have been an issue for you, just like it shouldnt be an issue that Goodwins a 10 thats playing 12.

Even the Force see him as a 10, maybe they should play him in his 'Correct' Position..

http://www.rugbywa.com.au/Team/WesternForce/PlayerDetail.aspx?pid=94
Tomua playing at 12 wasn't an issue for me all I said is that I wouldn't pick someone who has played a different position all year against someone who has been there all year and performing.

By natural progression I meant that a lot of players have been blooded in those positions eg 12 and wing and brought in to 10 13 just like carter and smith not like us playing our winger at 10 or saying Beale is a chance at 12 for the wobs when he hasn't ever played a game there.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
And just on Godwin he won't play 10 for he force he is a 12 now that profile has been the same since 2012.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Is it true MMM picked up a shoulder injury last night? Out for 6 weeks?
Don't think so where did u hear that? On twf someone said they were talking to him after the first game and he was saying he wanted to be out there again.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
y4unyny5.jpg

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yeah I just asked again and they said he was fine in the stands so maybe they haven't updated their list he wasn't meant to be ready until about round 4-5 so who know wait for a reply from RB I guess?

M

Moono75

The tahs won last night. Beating the highlanders who the brumbies lost to. We are okay likely going to get flogged by the tahs. I think the tahs will be the best Aus team this year and probably in the top 3

I could swear I saw a match report that had the scores the other way round. My mistake. Yeah I expect once the tahs gel as a team they should be pretty good.

I think we can beat them next week thought! Go the Force

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
So question to force fans is there any reason that larkham would say Pocock body was a Mess when he moved east. Built wrong and they had to rebuild his body.

Is this just a dig at the force or is the medical stuff better at brumbies (longer standing team AIS etc) or just next had a chance to fix it. Penny for your thoughts

Nah. I don't think it was a dig. Pocock went east after two injury interrupted seasons and those injuries were in the lower body. He missed half of the 2011 Super season through injury and was playing through injury at the World Cup. He missed almost all of the 2012 Tests.

Given the type of person he is, there is no doubt he would have been working on his upper body to keep active while injured, which would have been at the expense of his lower body. Also, Pocock doesn't have the athleticism of say Hooper or George Smith and is less of a threat on attack. Pocock probably worked on his upper body to increase his short range ball carrying ability (e.g. for a pick and drive over the try line).

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I really hope the Brumbies play Lilo at 10 and To'omua at 12. Lilo was killing it at 10 in 2012 before the knee injury and To'omua was brilliant at 12 for the wallabies. But either way, it's a refreshing change from when Cooper wasn't available for the Lions and we ended up with JOC (James O'Connor) at 10.

I hope so too but Bernies pretty firm. I just hope Leo gets his running game back after they clean up the ankle

Status
Not open for further replies.