• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Ahh, now that I can get behind. I initially though Arthur was somehow involved in coaching. Great to see the force actually making a plan and enacting it. Shows a hitherto unseen level of maturity from management.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
ydazatyb.jpg

M

Moono75

Another sold win by the boys and the A team also notched a nice win. Wasn't at the game but wondering about the kicking. 5 tries but only 2 were converted. Hard attepts or are we going to leave a lot of points out on the field again with unreliable kicking.

Next weak against the Tahs is going to be epic. The pre season results tonight show there is no reliable form guide with the Tahs and Reds going down. Force and Brumbies flying under the radar with their preparations. Rebels doing the job in the trials but the real action starts next week.

Hammeroid

Chris McKivat (8)
Was at the game tonight. Few things of what i thought :

- Kyle Godwin was everywhere ( wallaby for sure)
- Luke Morahan Looks great at fullback
- Zack Holmes controlled game well
- Great defence

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
.I hope Holmes stays healthy and becomes the 10 we need. Sias needs to lift his game considerably. seemed to have brainfarts at key times last year. eg time up, on the attack, backline outside him and he kicks.

I can't remember which game it was last season, but with about 2 min to go and down by a try, he hoofed the ball downfield as soon as he got it. My head almost exploded (as I'm sure was the case for the 14 other guys on the pitch).

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Unless there is more than one, it was Round 1 against the Rebels. I think the idea of the kick was for it to be received by chasers in space. It was a bad idea, badly executed. It explained why he was on the bench for that game.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Another sold win by the boys and the A team also notched a nice win. Wasn't at the game but wondering about the kicking. 5 tries but only 2 were converted. Hard attepts or are we going to leave a lot of points out on the field again with unreliable kicking.

Next weak against the Tahs is going to be epic. The pre season results tonight show there is no reliable form guide with the Tahs and Reds going down. Force and Brumbies flying under the radar with their preparations. Rebels doing the job in the trials but the real action starts next week.

The missed conversions were from the wide tries.

Zac Holmes missed 2 from the 3, 5m from the side line but got the 3rd.

Sias and Luke kicked all conversions in the Samoa game.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Lol. Not at all haha. It's just the vibe I get. We r a mile behind the other teams when it comes to the professionalism. Look at the trial highlights.

You need to get out more Shiggins....maybe even go and watch the trial games.

The Western Force outfit is showing a team discipline that has been missing since maybe the first season.

The cohesion is such that the intensity was maintained despite swinging in some serious team changes during the trials.

The coaching staff (Foley et al) and the leadership team under Matt Hodgson have done a terrific job of bringing the group together and established a team culture which will reward effort and not tolerate "Brand Self" players.

If "professionalism" is what the Reds, Brumbies and Tah show then the Western Force should keep doing its own thing!!!

e.g the Tahs have turned their eoy Awards night into a cocktail party as nobody, including the players, want to attend. There was ~900 at the WF Awards Night in 2013.

GO THE FORCE and get some reward for your pre-season efforts and for the Sea of Blue!!

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)

The tahs won last night. Beating the highlanders who the brumbies lost to. We are okay likely going to get flogged by the tahs. I think the tahs will be the best Aus team this year and probably in the top 3

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The tahs won last night. Beating the highlanders who the brumbies lost to. We are okay likely going to get flogged by the tahs. I think the tahs will be the best Aus team this year and probably in the top 3

Winning your conference guarantees you will be in the top three.

Top three is not worth a squirt, you need to finish one or two to win the comp due to the travel.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Winning your conference guarantees you will be in the top three.

Top three is not worth a squirt, you need to finish one or two to win the comp due to the travel.
I mean overall top 3. And if u finish top 3 u might be first so not sure what your on about

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Was at the game tonight. Few things of what i thought :

- Kyle Godwin was everywhere ( wallaby for sure)
- Luke Morahan Looks great at fullback
- Zack Holmes controlled game well
- Great defence

Kyle got a lot of competition for inside centre. Most with wallabies experience now. But he could be a bolter

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Kyle got a lot of competition for inside centre. Most with wallabies experience now. But he could be a bolter

When you say competition you mean your 2 Brumbies boys in Lilo and Tomua.

While Tomua was very good when he played at 12 at the end of the season last year he is really a 10 he won't have any game time this year at 12 Godwin offers everything you get with Tomua and then some he is a true 12.

With Lilo if he can get back to his form from 2012 he is right up there but ATM he is on one leg and struggled to make an impacted last year save his goal kicking.

If Godwin hadn't hurt his shoulder he would have been Lilos replacement ahead of Tomua.

But everything we both say is said with what ever colour glasses our teams play in and we will have to wait until the tests to see what link wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
So question to force fans is there any reason that larkham would say Pocock body was a Mess when he moved east. Built wrong and they had to rebuild his body.

Is this just a dig at the force or is the medical stuff better at brumbies (longer standing team AIS etc) or just next had a chance to fix it. Penny for your thoughts

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I mean overall top 3. And if u finish top 3 u might be first so not sure what your on about

The way the finals are structured, teams one and two get a week off to recuperate, then play the semi-final at home.

Look at the travel the Sharks and Brumbies had to do because they finished outside the top two in the last two years. Then look at the performance of both teams in the last 20 minutes of the final. They were both toast.

It is a mathematical possibility that you can get to the final from the last four play-off spots without having to make the trip back and forth across the Indian Ocean. But it hasn't happened yet. Therefore, my point is that you HAVE to finish first or second to have a reasonable chance and if you finish second you don't want a SA team to finish first.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
When you say competition you mean your 2 Brumbies boys in Lilo and Tomua.

While Tomua was very good when he played at 12 at the end of the season last year he is really a 10 he won't have any game time this year at 12 Godwin offers everything you get with Tomua and then some he is a true 12.

With Lilo if he can get back to his form from 2012 he is right up there but ATM he is on one leg and struggled to make an impacted last year save his goal kicking.

If Godwin hadn't hurt his shoulder he would have been Lilos replacement ahead of Tomua.

But everything we both say is said with what ever colour glasses our teams play in and we will have to wait until the tests to see what link wants.

You also got Taps in the Reds and Beale at the tahs.

And all have proven themselves at test level and were some of the best players.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
So question to force fans is there any reason that larkham would say Pocock body was a Mess when he moved east. Built wrong and they had to rebuild his body.

Is this just a dig at the force or is the medical stuff better at brumbies (longer standing team AIS etc) or just next had a chance to fix it. Penny for your thoughts

We'll if it was a dig then it would also be a dig a the wallabies because he spent half his time with them.

Everyone knows Pocock is a very driven player and if you have read his book will know it's more than just drive but obsession which he has admitted at times was unhealthy.

I have felt for years he got to big to quick which is never smart but I feel his knees are shot more because of his style of play and a little bit of help from Jannie duplessi and a night in Perth when he first did his knee and the famous "next time I'll rip you fucking head off" his knees have never been the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.