• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I'm
Starting to lose faith in the management here. I hope in wrong but I don't see the effort going in to represent the club as professionally as possible. Let's hope the players can produce some great performances. We are going to need to be very very good this year as I think the Australian conference might dominate with the brumbies reds and tahs.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Why is it a bad thing his role will be helping the young saffa blokes make the move over good if you ask me if we are taking the saffa thing seriously .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Drinking Again shiggins? Relax the place is in the best shape it has ever been in interms if it management

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Lol. Not at all haha. It's just the vibe I get. We r a mile behind the other teams when it comes to the professionalism. Look at the trial highlights.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Lol. Not at all haha. It's just the vibe I get. We r a mile behind the other teams when it comes to the professionalism. Look at the trial highlights.
I think you will find they did that for a reason they had cameras all over the place at rocky but only chose to show us something's in close and not the wide shots. During the trials at hq they where very strict with cameras and such. They are Only showing the world what they want why show them don't make it easy for them to see what you plan on doing.

M

Moono75

I think the Force are keeping it very low key in the build up. Under promise and over deliver. On the other hand the Rebels are getting talked up more than Anthony Mundine talking about himself.

Micky Arthur....that can only be a good thing. He would be taking on more of a mentor role to help settle the South African guys making a move across to Perth.

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
So, did Growden write the Force's GAGR season preview as well? He has the Rabble finishing 9th and the Force finishing 13th?

Ian Prior is the guy to look out for? Not Godwin, not Steenkamp, not Stander? Prior? Who is going to see 15 min per game at most?

Do some homework, son.

M

Moono75

The improvement for the Force will come more so from how much players like Junior, Salesi Manu and Godwin continue to develop and new players like Stander bring the agro.

Not saying guys like Steenkamp, Holmes and Morahan won't make big contributions also but they have been in the S15 system a bit longer.

caymantim

Herbert Moran (7)
...I hope Holmes stays healthy and becomes the 10 we need... Sias needs to lift his game considerably... seemed to have brainfarts at key times last year... eg time up, on the attack, backline outside him and he kicks...

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
So, did Growden write the Force's GAGR season preview as well? He has the Rabble finishing 9th and the Force finishing 13th?

Ian Prior is the guy to look out for? Not Godwin, not Steenkamp, not Stander? Prior? Who is going to see 15 min per game at most?

Do some homework, son.

Don't worry, apparently the only new player the Reds have is Lachie Turner..........

M

Moono75

.I hope Holmes stays healthy and becomes the 10 we need. Sias needs to lift his game considerably. seemed to have brainfarts at key times last year. eg time up, on the attack, backline outside him and he kicks.

Sias kicked too much last year. I recall one home game though where he actually ran the ball and looked pretty good. He needs to get the balance right between kicking and running.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Arthur heads Future Force program

The Western Force has unveiled its ground-breaking ‘Future Force’ program that will provide rugby opportunities in Western Australia for talented young players from both Australia and abroad with a view to broadening and strengthening the local rugby player base.

The Future Force will identify outstanding local players and relocate talented young athletes to Perth, and fast-track their rugby development through a full-time program that addresses the players’ physical, rugby and vocational requirements. Through the program, players will be integrated into the local rugby and broader communities.

The injection of gifted players from outside Western Australia will assist to continue to raise the level of club rugby in the state, with a view to seeing more local players progress to the Western Force.

The program will be overseen by former South African and Australian international cricket team coach Mickey Arthur, who will act in a mentoring role and coordinate the three aspects of the program.

Arthur, who has made his home in Perth, says he’s keen to contribute to the growth of rugby in Western Australia through the Future Force.

“Having had an interest in rugby over a long period of time, it’s very exciting to be involved with a program like this,” he said.

“Perth is a dynamic, wonderful place to live with a growing appetite for rugby, and this opportunity will excite a lot of young players not only in Perth and Australia but around the world.

“For the players, this is about providing a holistic program – rugby, education and careers advice as well as social introductions – for those hungry for an opportunity and wishing to live their rugby dreams.

“Perth is now home for a large number of people with a rugby background and we’ve already had a lot of interest and support for this program in Perth.”

Players will receive holistic support for their rugby and athletic development through elite coaching in the RugbyWA and Western Force pathway programs; assistance with education and careers aspirations through partnerships with a number of Western Australia’s leading educational and vocational institutions; and social integration into through Western Australia’s strong club rugby network.

The Future Force continues the Western Force’s focus on promoting local talent with the 2014 extended squad featuring a record eight players, including Kieran Longbottom (Rockingham), Kyle Godwin (Associates), Zack Holmes (Associates), Dane Haylett-Petty (Cottesloe), Luke Burton (UWA), Ryan Louwrens (Cottesloe), Ollie Hoskins (Cottesloe) and Brad Lacey (Wests Scarborough).

This has been complemented by the Western Force’s recruitment of New Zealand and South African players following player concessions from the Australian Rugby Union. This innovative recruitment strategy has enabled the Force to move away from a reliance on the east coast-based Australian player pool.

RugbyWA CEO Mark Sinderberry says it was important to think outside the square with regard to the club’s recruitment strategies.

“Our first priority is growing the game in Western Australia and the primary objective of the Future Force program is to broaden our rugby base here in the state,” he said.

“We’re certainly a state that’s faced with a number of unique challenges predominantly by virtue of our isolation, and that requires us to take a different approach with regard to a number of our operations, including recruitment.

“This program is about accelerating the number of home-grown or home nurtured products through to the elite level and we believe we can do this by identifying outstanding young players early and weaving them into the fabric of our club rugby and local communities.

“We envisage that we’d receive between five and 10 players into the program in the first 12 months and between 10 and 15 after that. These players would be evenly distributed amongst our local clubs with a view to seeing them progress into the Force ranks after a few years.

The Future Force program will now begin a process of talent identification with the first induction of players to take place in 2014.

http://www.westernforce.com.au/News.../10892/Arthur-heads-Future-Force-program.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.