• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
re preseason games,the Force has travelled to Darwin twice in the past few seasons to play the Brumbies.The Nt government has not renewed any funding for this event;a pity because a few of us Force supporters have travelled up there for these preseason games & have contributed heavily to the NT economy(mainly in purchasing liquid refreshments)
Darwin was a great place to visit

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
navute3u.jpg

Site for sore eyes and looking bigger than last year if that is possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Look like a starting team of

1 Faulkner
2 cheese
3 Longbottom
4 Wykes
5 Steenkamp
6 Cottrel
7 hodgeson
8 mccalman

9 Alby
10 Holmes
11 Cummins
12 Godwin
13 Junior
14 Marcel
15 Haywood

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Half time 19-3 to the force very scrappy game the Samoans committing a lot of penalties stopping any flow the force get and have already received 2 yellow cards.

Thoughts in the game marcel made a great break down the middle which resulted in a try but I'm not sold on him on the wing. Longbottkm and wykes getting though a mountain of work and making plenty of metres. Godwin looks a bit short of a run but has been solid.

Force will have the wind in the second half which I would say would be worth about 3 try's so will be interesting to see how the force use it because the Samoans didn't at all expect to knock over 3 points from about 40 out right in front.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Final quarter of the match just started force up 38-3 (I think) Braynard is very impressive made 2 great breaks and is a monster in contact looks like a good signing.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Looks like all the boys pulled through with no injures think Ollie May have got knocked out didn't quite know where he was when on the bench but should be fine.

caymantim

Herbert Moran (7)
He is a winger from SA dont know a great deal about him there is a clip on the Force YouTube channel about him and the other Dillan from SA.

Thanks Gaffa, I saw that, but they don't talk about positions other than saying they no longer play the same one! All good... I presume their old coach knows them well.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Thanks Gaffa, I saw that, but they don't talk about positions other than saying they no longer play the same one! All good. I presume their old coach knows them well.
He was at 13 for the last 20 tonight has a bit of toe scored a nice try but I think he is a bit small for the big time.

M

Moono75

Tough game to get a guage on where we are at. The Samoans are a rag tag team at best. Good to hear a few guys stepped up, Stander sounds promising and we could do with a hard nut Saffa who can make metres in contact and is a punishing defender.

I just query the point of playing useless oppostion in the preseason and getting an overflated view of where we may stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.