• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
BjdoCuBCQAAz7gJ.jpg

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I hate to say it but it looks like MmM going north is a good thing. The bloke just can't stay on the field

caymantim

Herbert Moran (7)
Something's changed in these guys and it appears to be mostly mental rather than physical. They are certainly playing with more purpose, putting some pace on the game and good old fashioned tearing into the opposition. It's bloody fantastic to see, because they're a pretty underrated bunch for the most part. An unfashionable group of blokes who are starting to head in the right direction. I'm loving it, but they've got to keep going now and get some reward for the effort.

I'll also say that the new blokes who have come into the squad, like Stander and Steenkamp have really injected some mogrel into the pack, which is something I personally am a big fan of.

I agree on all counts. There is depth too - when someone comes off the bench, they bring a similar level, if not more as they are fresh. That also breeds confidence - and competition - within the squad. There are some exceptions, but it is a massive difference to a few years ago.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I thought MMM was signing for Japan?
And he's still contracted until 2015 to the Force, because the season's barely overlap, am I right in assuming?

M

Moono75

Force doing a good job bringing through the local talent. WA under 17's into the final of the Junior Gold Cup next week against the Vics.

Force back in action this week against the Reds.....can't wait!

T

tranquility

That video is the best thing I have ever seen from the Force on the pitch or otherwise. Its going to work, and prosper which is an enormous result for Australian and world rugby really.

T

tranquility

Sorry mate! Its pretty incredible how quickly the standard of local rugby has picked up in Perth. Soon you wont have to worry about blokes buggering off, they will already be home.

PeteO

Stan Wickham (3)
Ridiculously of topic...but how about a jersey colour change that reflects Western Australia.

Any ideas?
I thought that the broncos 9's jersey looked similar to the WA jersey worn against the british and irish lions in 2001. I really think that could work for them
haje4e4y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeteO

Stan Wickham (3)
Too late. 8 years down the track and blue is our colour. To change now would be treason.
I would disagree there mate. Look at the stormers. They've had 5 kit changes over the years to finally bring the stormers in line with their currie cup team western province. To the delight of their fans I might add

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Have to love 4-in-a-row with the 2nd ever win at Suncorp against the Reds.

Creating a good buffer btwn the Force and Reds and a chasm over the Rebels.

GO YOU GOOD THINGS!!!!!!

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Gimme 5!!!!
I hope u lot do, but 5 in rows tough. Brumbies obly done it twice.

But at home with a team coming from SA .. Izzy (thats how good he is) out.. ..get into them..up the guts ... then swing it wide to the corners..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

WFDOM

Frank Row (1)
I hope u lot do, but 5 in rows tough. Brumbies obly done it twice.

But at home with a team coming from SA .. Izzy (thats how good he is) out.. ..get into them..up the guts . then swing it wide to the corners..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Izzy out, Izzy? (see what I did there?)

Status
Not open for further replies.