• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Adam Coleman could move to France next year to play for Narbonne as well as Brett Sheehan
That would be a surprise Battye has been told he isn't required and MMM is going back to japan Adam would be a cert for a full contract and at only 22 would be a strange move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The resurgence of the Force this year certainly puts the last two years of Michael Foley into context in my opinion.

Judging on what is happening now, he is going well and he's created a disciplined team with excellent mongrel, defence and commitment for 80 minutes who are now taking advantage of opportunities and scoring tries as well.

The criticism he received in 2012 at the Tahs and then 2013 at the Force could perhaps be put down to being new to being a head coach and the learning process that involves.

He's now in his third year and going very well.

PeteO

Stan Wickham (3)
a8yte6yr.jpg
what are your thoughts on this gold and black design based on the WA kit of the 1990 to early 2000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
The resurgence of the Force this year certainly puts the last two years of Michael Foley into context in my opinion.

Judging on what is happening now, he is going well and he's created a disciplined team with excellent mongrel, defence and commitment for 80 minutes who are now taking advantage of opportunities and scoring tries as well.

The criticism he received in 2012 at the Tahs and then 2013 at the Force could perhaps be put down to being new to being a head coach and the learning process that involves.

He's now in his third year and going very well.
Let's see,in 2012 after 9 rounds he was 4 wins & 4 losses.and that was it for the year.
1 or 2 of the wrong players get injured,and Foley could replicate that performance this year, without much of a surprise.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Let's see,in 2012 after 9 rounds he was 4 wins & 4 losses.and that was it for the year.
1 or 2 of the wrong players get injured,and Foley could replicate that performance this year, without much of a surprise.

In 2012 he was taking over a side that made the semis in 2011. Expectations were rightfully a lot higher than they were when he took over the Force in 2013.

Do you not think that being in his third year as head coach is perhaps a reason why his team is doing a lot better?

Do you expect a coach to be excellent in their first year as a head coach?

Larkham is certainly doing very well at the Brumbies in his first year, but having Laurie Fisher there as his 'Director of Rugby' also can't be underrated. The Tahs in 2012 and Force in 2013 certainly didn't have that level of experience in support.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I'm just saying let's see.
IMO they have the easiest part of their draw behind them.
They play an energetic game,let's see how that works with a few injuries & fatigue setting in after their SA tour.
Last year wasn't his first year either.How did that work out?
My biggest problem with him,is my impression that he refuses to acknowledge deficiencies,and just spins excuses.
But time will tell.
To be fair,I never considered 4 in a row,so you never know....

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
looking at the draw ahead the Force have:

Tahs at home
Rebels away
Bulls at home

i would say we should look at 2 from those 3 i think we will lose to the tahs this weekend.

the we go the SA and Face the Cheetahs and Stormers, i would target 1 win from those 2 games

Then we face the lions at home Saders away and Blues at home. again winning the 2 homes games is a must and i dont see why we couldnt do that.

then the Reds at home and Brumbies away would say a win against the reds and a lose to the brums is about right.

that give us 10 wins for the season which should be enough for a finals berth if not we would give it a red hot go.

WorkingClassRugger

Michael Lynagh (62)
looking at the draw ahead the Force have:

Tahs at home
Rebels away
Bulls at home

i would say we should look at 2 from those 3 i think we will lose to the tahs this weekend.

the we go the SA and Face the Cheetahs and Stormers, i would target 1 win from those 2 games

Then we face the lions at home Saders away and Blues at home. again winning the 2 homes games is a must and i dont see why we couldnt do that.

then the Reds at home and Brumbies away would say a win against the reds and a lose to the brums is about right.

that give us 10 wins for the season which should be enough for a finals berth if not we would give it a red hot go.

I agree with the next three weeks. I think the Tahs may be a mountain too high at present. Reason. The Tahs pack can dish out a beating on the opposition which is what the Force haven't had to really face since the loss to the Tahs. The Brumbies in the first 20 minutes brought a clinical approach which caught the Force out but they were hardly dominated.

That will be the difference. Tahs forwards get on top and the backline will run. Though, I expect and hope it's an entertaining game.

As for the Rebels. That's very winnable. However, if the Rebels turn up which they often do in Melbourne it's a danger game. Saying that, should be another W for the Force.

The Bulls game will be another test of the Force ability to handle the physical battle. Though one that will be less dynamic than they will face with the Tahs. They won't have to worry about the flowing backline as often. Watching the Bulls against the Hurricanes on the weekend and they are overall a very unimaginative team.

Both SA games are very winnable. It's a good draw for the Force. The Cheetahs will be much tougher at home but I think the Force could roll them quite easily. As for the Stormers. Look to the Bulls above but with less confidence.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Does anyone know the detail of what happened with Junior? He went off with some sort of arm complaint & then I saw mentioned that he had/is to have surgery?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Does anyone know the detail of what happened with Junior? He went off with some sort of arm complaint & then I saw mentioned that he had/is to have surgery?
Broken arm he had surgery last night will be out for awhile.

will be interesting to see who the play at 13 Marcel was good but i really want to see CTM or even Cummins there.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Broken arm he had surgery last night will be out for awhile.

will be interesting to see who the play at 13 Marcel was good but i really want to see CTM or even Cummins there.

What's the deal with CTM?

I found it strange that he was in Sydney playing for Eastern Suburbs last weekend. I know the Force were on a bye, but shouldn't he be playing in Perth, particularly if he is any chance to be selected to play for the Force this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.