• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Never bet on the Force. They have to be the most reliable team at losing games with the odds in their favour. The Waratahs of the past two years have been a bit the same.

I was on them with a 16.5 half point start against the Reds. I should have just had more faith and backed them in head to head at crazy odds!

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Whispers are that Richard Kingi is being pursued by the Force. Brett Sheehan is off contract at the end of the year and isn't likely to stay on. I reckon Kingi is wasted on the wing with the Rebels. He was electric at 9 in the 2009 Spring Tour with the Australia A team.

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
I work with Kingi's mum and the family want to leave Karratha and move to Perth. I tell her the same thing in that he is wasted on the wing. Having his whanau in Perth certainly helps.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Kingi has a lot of talent, half-back looks like his obvious posse, he could learn a lot from backing up a player like Mathewson.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Kingi has a lot of talent, half-back looks like his obvious posse, he could learn a lot from backing up a player like Mathewson.

How do you figure? His best Super Rugby has been on the wing.

I think he's a text book 15 and I think he'd be insane to pack up and move state just to sit behind Matthewson as a 9.

Reactions: daz

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Pretty much his only Super Rugby has been on the wing, hasn't it?

The majority of it has been. I've seen him play a bit of 9 for the Reds in '10 and for the Rebels in trials against Super opponents and he goes okay but his best rugby has been on the wing.

Sure, the sample sizes are different but lack of evidence for or against him being a 9 can't be taken as proof.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Id been more interested in luke morahan

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

I reckon the force are about a 50/50 chance of signing him at the moment. Might also nab his brother Simon who is quite good.

It really depends on how Harris, Lance and Toua perform; Morahan might yet become an integral part of the team. Also what happens in Melbourne with Beale. He turned down a pretty decent offer from the Rebels a couple of years ago to stay on in Queensland.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
kingi is a touch wasted at our joint. i wouldnt want to lose him, but would understand if he left. he is a family man and it wouldnt surprise me if he moved to perth to be with his mom.

he has been excellent on the wing, at fullback and at 9 for us. he was our first choice 9 last year and in yea r1 until a couple injuries saw him shift to the wing.

personally, i thought he was much better than phipps (read most of the rebels posts and you'll see a lot of the fans think the same).

would be a great pick up for you given his versatility.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I reckon the force are about a 50/50 chance of signing him at the moment. Might also nab his brother Simon who is quite good.

It really depends on how Harris, Lance and Toua perform; Morahan might yet become an integral part of the team. Also what happens in Melbourne with Beale. He turned down a pretty decent offer from the Rebels a couple of years ago to stay on in Queensland.

He's been linked to the Rebels more than once in recent weeks.

I suppose the Force are hypothetically just as good of a chance of getting him but I haven't heard that rumour floating about.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
He's been linked to the Rebels more than once in recent weeks.

I suppose the Force are hypothetically just as good of a chance of getting him but I haven't heard that rumour floating about.
from what i have read and heard both him and Simmons are on the Force and Rebels wish list. We shall see in the next few weeks.

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
from what i have read and heard both him and Simmons are on the Force and Rebels wish list. We shall see in the next few weeks.

God, please not Simmons to the Force. The Rebels can have him, although they seem to already have some decent depth at lock already, unless they're off contract next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.