• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
McCalman, Brown and Crottell are all above Alcock IMO.
Cottrell yes McCalman maybe Brown no. Alcock when he has got on has been eletric. I could see him in the 7 with Hogdo moving to 6/8. The other i really want to see get a run in McCaffre when he got on last year he maade a huge impact. Hopefully we can keep hold of him for next year.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
McCalman, Brown and Crottell are all above Alcock IMO.

It's a debatable one but you're right, McCalman and Cotrell are really nice fits at 6, they have good workrate around the park and great lineout skills.

But Alcock gets attacking metres. You can't just grind and grind gaining very little meterage then fan it out to the outside backs and expect it to work against good sides.

I think Browns a bit passed it to be honest. It hurts me to say that because as a schoolkid in 2008ish I really loved his hard working and uncompromising play style and certainly looked up to him. Shame.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
It's a debatable one but you're right, McCalman and Cotrell are really nice fits at 6, they have good workrate around the park and great lineout skills.

McCalman is good at 8 for the same reasons Mowen is. It would be nice to see Cottrell at 6 and McCalman at 8.
But Alcock gets attacking metres. You can't just grind and grind gaining very little meterage then fan it out to the outside backs and expect it to work against good sides.

All of last year, the Force had insanely high possession and territory. I think it was Scott Allen who said on the podcast that Ebersohm is a great choice at 10 because they can just turn all those camps in the 22 into three points, and given how often they get there, it might be a good strategy.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
All of last year, the Force had insanely high possession and territory. I think it was Scott Allen who said on the podcast that Ebersohm is a great choice at 10 because they can just turn all those camps in the 22 into three points, and given how often they get there, it might be a good strategy.

High possession and territory but I think you'd find their metres gained per phase would be very very low.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Alcock could easily fit the mould of an 8 or even a non-jumping 6 (if have have a jumping 8). He'd be a much more natural move from 7.

Pretty sure that Alcock played 8 in his breakout season about 4 or 5 years ago with Gordon in the Shute Shield. Pretty sure Gordon made the semis that year.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Pretty sure that Alcock played 8 in his breakout season about 4 or 5 years ago with Gordon in the Shute Shield. Pretty sure Gordon made the semis that year.

Whilst you're correct I think he spent a lot of that year in 2nds and really was an out there bolter for Tahs selection, obviously it turned out to be a clever pick-up.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Just finished reading NZ Rugby News for week, and have to say Interview done with The Honey Badger, he certainly comes across as a very realistic and nice fella. It had been mentioned by editor who interviewed him he thought he a good bloke and what I read seemed to reinforce impression.
I know ,I know it not important, but just thought it worth mentioning.

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
Just finished reading NZ Rugby News for week, and have to say Interview done with The Honey Badger, he certainly comes across as a very realistic and nice fella. It had been mentioned by editor who interviewed him he thought he a good bloke and what I read seemed to reinforce impression. I know ,I know it not important, but just thought it worth mentioning.

I had read that last night as well. If the Force aren't careful, they might lose him to the Norwegian ukelele folk music circuit! He does seem to be an incredibly humble, yet hilarious sort of guy. I would imagine that he has the boys in stitches on tour.

D-Box

Cyril Towers (30)
While this thread is for 2013, here is a question setting up more for 2014. Where should the Force boys not on Wallabies duty play once the Super season wraps up?

Before everyone starts arguing for a third tier here we don't have one this year so it's a moot point. Based on where players went last year there are three options

1) Brisbane or Sydney comp.
2) ITM cup
3) Perth premier league.

I would prefer them to stay in Perth and when you consider that this is what both Cotrell and Godwin did last year I don't think you can argue you need to travel to get the experiance. There have also been a number of players poping up in Super colors who were playing in th Perth comp untill they didn't get a gig with the force.

I think there are logistics that RugbyWA would need to sort out to try and stop them all ending up at one or two clubs ( hands up to say that I play for one of the clubs that gets them) but that may be impossible Sydney Uni anyone)

Thoughts

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
If everyone stays then Perth is valid but if not i find it pointless how the force say only Go to the Shute shield due the bad blood with qld. I think if they are playing at some sort of high level it shouldn't matter

D-Box

Cyril Towers (30)
That was an or, not an either or. I don't see the need for them to all be in Sydney or Brisbane

This does raise another question. Does it need to be a one size fits all policy as it was in the earlier days of the force or should it be individualized to the players?

Crashy

Colin Windon (37)
I actually think the Force will improve throughout the season if injuries are kind. I think they'll bust those fucking pesky Cheetahs and then will be back in the hunt for the top 6. We really need the Aussie sides to start knocking off the NZ and Kiwi teams - no thanks to you Tahs...

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
I came across these t-shirts I thought Force supporters may like. They do ship to Australia.

honeybadgerdontcare_fullpic_1.jpg

http://www.snorgtees.com/t-shirts/honeybadger-don-t-care

Crashy

Colin Windon (37)
How is the crowd to Saturday's game looking - The Force are my only tip this weekend out of the Aussie teams - dont let me down!

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Never bet on the Force. They have to be the most reliable team at losing games with the odds in their favour. The Waratahs of the past two years have been a bit the same.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
How is the crowd to Saturday's game looking - The Force are my only tip this weekend out of the Aussie teams - dont let me down!
Rugby HQ just said it looks like a sell put but we will have to see on sat. Anything 15k and above is a win.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.