• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

Sorry if this has already been covered, but how did MMM go in his first outing?
I think MMM had a reasonable game despite the yellow card. He's only going to get better. Made some good metres, usual abrassive tough defence and a much needed lineout option. I'd like to see him paired with Lyn over Wykes.

M

Moono75

Foley might not be the best coach about, but I think that article was over the top. The Force do have some good guys in the organisation, and didn't the Vern Reid quit?

Vern Reid finishes in the next few days. New CEO Mark Sinderberry has the rugby smarts to continue the rebuild of the Force and steer them in the right direction. Something these rugby scribes don't seem to factor in or care to factor in.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Well. Sias Ebersohn must play 10. The Force could have won their first two games with his kicking

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Edersohn, Mathewson, Godwin, Mafi and Cummins all up to the standard.

Force just need to find an outside centre and a fullback now.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
He had a good game last night against the Bulls especially in the 2nd half, left two Bulls forwards a bit groggy and smashed Zane Kirchner.

Was an absolute animal but Lynn & Cottrel were equally impressive.

The three of them pretty much gave the force forwards parity single handedly (in open play that is)

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
Was an absolute animal but Lynn & Cottrel were equally impressive.

The three of them pretty much gave the force forwards parity single handedly (in open play that is)

Agreed - between MMM and Cottrell, not sure if poor Benny Mac will see the field much this season.

But how do the three of them do anything single handedly?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Captain Matt Hodgson has committed to the long-term plan of the Emirates Western Force by re-signing with the club for another two years.*With the club currently in the first phase of its relaunch, the new contract is set to see him become the first player to reach 100 Super Rugby matches for the Emirates Western Force.

The 31-year-old made his Super Rugby debut in the Force’s inaugural Super Rugby match against the Brumbies in 2006, and has amassed 85 matches over eight seasons for the Western Australian side.Hodgson has been a mainstay in the Force’s back row and was appointed captain of the side for the 2013 Super Rugby season.

His contribution to the club has previously been recognised with his three Force Man awards (for exhibiting the club’s ethos and values on the rugby field and in the community) in 2006, 2007 and 2010, as well as claiming the club’s Player of the Year award in 2009 and 2010.

Hodgson, who has represented the Wallabies on six occasions, says he’s looking forward to seeing through the redevelopment of the Emirates Western Force.

"Having begun my Super Rugby career here, it’s great to have the opportunity to end my career here in the west, and my life after rugby is definitely in Western Australia,” he said.

“Being part of the longer-term development of this side was a big motivation for re-signing. Once I got the captaincy, we discussed with Foles [Michael Foley] the plan for the side, and while it may take a few years, I’m really keen to be part of that and be part of the club improving each year and growing into a successful club.

“There’s a lot of young players coming in and playing their first games of Super Rugby or first games for the Force, and it gives me a lot of motivation to keep playing. The lure of playing 100 caps for the Force its another motivation and it’d be a great achievement to be the first person to achieve that for Western Australian rugby.

“While we’ve been disappointed by the results in the first three weeks, we’ve shown signs of what we’re capable of. We just need to be able to put that together consistently and once we do that we’ll be a real force to contend with.

"My wife and I love living in Perth and we didn’t want to go anywhere else. I’ve been here for eight years now, we’ve got a baby on the way and I’d love to be part of the first father-son rule for the Force.”

Head Coach Michael Foley says Hodgson’s retention was important for continuity in the improvement of the Emirates Western Force.

“As we look to build our side over the next three seasons, it’s a significant boost to have Hodgo on board during this period,” he said.

“Based on his commitment over the past eight years, Hodgo has earnt the respect of his teammates, opposition and our supporters and he was a standout candidate for the captaincy this season.

“He’s been heavily involved in helping develop the way we want to play and leading the standards we’ve set for this side, which is crucial in helping us to grow to become the team we want to become.”

ProfileName: Matt HodgsonBorn: 25/06/1981
Position: Back row
Height: 185cm
Weight: 103kg
Super Rugby caps: 85
Super Rugby points: 25 (5t)
Test caps: 6
Test points: 0

Representative Rugby: 2009-2011 Wallabies, 2010 Australian Barbarians, 2005 & 2008 Australia A, 2004-2005 & 2008 Australian Sevens, 2002 Australian Under 21
Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

M

Moono75

Good that Hodgo has re-signed with the Force, he's the type of character needed around the club, although he may need to consider shifting positions cause I'm really liking what Alcock is bringing at 7.

One thing i didn't like in the article in the West Australian was the quote " we've started the process now and we've got three years to get where we want to be". I say the hell with that time to over-deliver for a change. WA doesn't have to stand for Wait A while.

Go the Force!

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Alcock could easily fit the mould of an 8 or even a non-jumping 6 (if have have a jumping 8). He'd be a much more natural move from 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.