• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I was reading Pocock's book and he said that he and James had talked it through and he completely agrees with James leaving. No real details but I don't see why he'd bring it up just to lie.

James had his KPI's, and as an organisation you can't afford to be dictated to by any player. It sets a bad example. The Force withdrew from contract negotiations after James had dicked them around for an unreasonably long period.

James may not have dicked them around if we had strong management with a bold plan and the capabilities to deliver it. As it is, Vern Reids parting "gift" has been to deliver us Michael Foley. I wasn't real excited by that prospect until I saw the coaching staff he surrounded himself with and my long view is that any real chance the Force have at long term success (cause lets face it, it aint gonna be short term) will be because of the staff and program he puts in place.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
The Curse of the Frorce 10 strikes again. SNK goes down in his first training he went over on his ankle hard.

Not much detail but that its not broken but doesnt look to good. :(

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
The Curse of the Frorce 10 strikes again. SNK goes down in his first training he went over on his ankle hard.

With the way the fans have been talking I think most of them would rather he did break it so you had another spot to fill.

D

daz

Doesn't look good that he will be out for an extended period, or doesn't look good that he might return quickly?

I know which one I'd be hoping for.

:D

M

Moono75

Doesn't faze me in the slightest. I wasn't counting on SNK to be a saviour. The players we have just need to be left so they can develop those combinations. We have seen the results of coaches constantly chopping and changing players into different positions, no continuity. Lock in your best starting 15 and then tinker with the bench. It's already started with Christie and Ebersohn. One minute he's the marquee, then first game he gets 5 minutes, then he's not even in the match day 22.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Lock in your best starting 15 and then tinker with the bench. It's already started with Christie and Ebersohn. One minute he's the marquee, then first game he gets 5 minutes, then he's not even in the match day 22.
Well, in this instance, the super coach is doing exactly what you are suggesting.Forget the hype about him,what are they going to say before the comp starts? We have signed another Dud from the republic.
He started on the bench, they tinkered with the bench and they dropped him from that.
Bear in mind he left the Cheetahs cos they wouldn't start him.

M

Moono75

I don't think you can write Sias off after the limited time he's had. The guy has got talent. Maybe he's finding it difficult to adjust and play away from his brother for the first time in his career. Being dropped from the Cheetahs starting team with the emergence of Goosen isn't necessarily a blight on your record.

M

Moono75

Some interesting reading. Perhaps it can be used as motivation for the remainder of the season.

http://rugbynews.realviewdigital.com/?iid=74529&Super Rugby=0#folio=31

jermano

Ted Fahey (11)
WOW that's cutting. He appears to hold no hope at all. How do you feel about That?
Normally a positive is found. I think the Force will challenge a few in Perth. New stadium, the Force usually play better at home. It pains me to say it but if the Rebels v Force was West the result would have been reversed.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Foley might not be the best coach about, but I think that article was over the top. The Force do have some good guys in the organisation, and didn't the Vern Reid quit?

As diabolical as the Kings result may seem, we really do need to wait until the Kings and Force have played a few more sides before we can cast some sort of judgement. I'm sure plenty of people thought the Rebels-Crusaders result last year was quite diabolical.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I would pay no attention to the loss to the Kings. Put it into context that you had to travel over to Melbourne for round one then head back over the way they came from to go to SA to face an opposition that was an unknown quantity. That is a tough ask for any side.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Foley might not be the best coach about, but I think that article was over the top. The Force do have some good guys in the organisation, and didn't the Vern Reid quit?

As diabolical as the Kings result may seem, we really do need to wait until the Kings and Force have played a few more sides before we can cast some sort of judgement. I'm sure plenty of people thought the Rebels-Crusaders result last year was quite diabolical.

The Kings played the Lions and Griquas and lost both...

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
The Kings played the Lions and Griquas and lost both.
And the force lost the the brumbies by 2 points and had a chance to win at the death does that mean the brumbies are only jiust slightly better than the force and below the kings? No. Trials meam nothing

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

T

tranquility

Sorry if this has already been covered, but how did MMM go in his first outing?

Status
Not open for further replies.