• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

Well if someone else Doesn't kick this weekend I will loose my shit. Old sheano would Of won us that game on the weekend. Kicked the goals and sniped at half back.

You know, I really don't think he would have won that game for you. One player (or lack of) did not lose that game for the Force.

6 Super Rugby kicks converted over 7 years? That is one kick over the bars every 14 months!

Averaging 0.3 points a game over his career hardly makes him your saviour.

Stats
Super Rugby Caps: 88 (38 Force, 46 Waratahs, 4 Reds)
Super Rugby Points: 26 (2t, 2c, 4p)

BTW, this info came off the Force website, just in case you were wondering.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Harris came to the Reds as a fully fledged kicker.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
kicking at 74% with in 2 years he breaks the all time record of 24 consecutive goals and is shooting above 90% yeah nothing to do with good coaching...

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Yup he had a good run. you can try and credit whoever you like. I say his kicking style didn't change and the difference was just a period of extra good form..

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

M

Moono75

Looking back at some stats from the Force's first two games and a key area of difference is the number of offloads. Against the Rebels we had 12, against the Kings we had 5. If you have guys that can offload in the tackle that goes a long way to keying your running game and putting the opposition under pressure. Godwin showed that ability in the first game and that is where CTM could be of benefit to the Force. I'd be interested to see him get a run.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
You know, I really don't think he would have won that game for you. One player (or lack of) did not lose that game for the Force.

6 Super Rugby kicks converted over 7 years? That is one kick over the bars every 14 months!

Averaging 0.3 points a game over his career hardly makes him your saviour.

Stats
Super Rugby Caps: 88 (38 Force, 46 Waratahs, 4 Reds)
Super Rugby Points: 26 (2t, 2c, 4p)

BTW, this info came off the Force website, just in case you were wondering.
I completely disagree. A good kicker would of probably won that much for us. I'm not saying sheano is that bloke, fair enough but he probably would of slotted a couple. Godwin was obviously under pressure. If we had a kicker who kicked 4 penalties and one conversion instead of missing every shot. That's 14 points. Those points and more were on offer from the boot. We would of at least had a sniff. It was 2 try's a piece not including the one that got called back from the force.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Looking back at some stats from the Force's first two games and a key area of difference is the number of offloads. Against the Rebels we had 12, against the Kings we had 5. If you have guys that can offload in the tackle that goes a long way to keying your running game and putting the opposition under pressure. Godwin showed that ability in the first game and that is where CTM could be of benefit to the Force. I'd be interested to see him get a run.
Godwin probably had most of those offloads?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I completely disagree. A good kicker would of probably won that much for us. I'm not saying sheano is that bloke, fair enough but he probably would of slotted a couple. Godwin was obviously under pressure. If we had a kicker who kicked 4 penalties and one conversion instead of missing every shot. That's 14 points. Those points and more were on offer from the boot. We would of at least had a sniff. It was 2 try's a piece not including the one that got called back from the force.
You have to take into account that everytime you kick a penalty, you are giving away field position.How many times have you seen a team kick a penalty,lose possession on the restart and concede a try.
The disallowed try is a good example, after it was disallowed, there was no real change in field position, and not much of a delay before the force were awarded a try.
Had the first been allowed, they would never have scored the second try when and how they did.

M

Moono75

You have to take into account that everytime you kick a penalty, you are giving away field position.How many times have you seen a team kick a penalty,lose possession on the restart and concede a try.
The disallowed try is a good example, after it was disallowed, there was no real change in field position, and not much of a delay before the force were awarded a try.
Had the first been allowed, they would never have scored the second try when and how they did.
.....this is sounding very Back to the Futureish... Great Scott Marty....the Force were fucked by a dodgy flux capacitor!

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Some fuck head reporter is just making shit up. Always out to put doubt in the force. It's starting too piss me off. I was thinking today. If we had of kept even 3 of the great players that have left us (pocock, JOC (James O'Connor), Digby) for example we would be a entirely different team ( one would assume anyway)

This is just a journalist looking to stir the pot. Probably wants MMM to go back easy.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Wtf is bret harris on about? The artical makes ni sence is he saying that mmm wants to leave are that the brumbies will be chasing him or did he put all the back rowers names in a hat and pull out mmm.

Im just sick and tired of the dick head eastern state jurnos pushing thier agenders and hating on the Force.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wtf is bret harris on about? The artical makes ni sence is he saying that mmm wants to leave are that the brumbies will be chasing him or did he put all the back rowers names in a hat and pull out mmm.

Im just sick and tired of the dick head eastern state jurnos pushing thier agenders and hating on the Force.

While this article definitely lacks substance, is there any evidence supporting this claim?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Is there anything to back up harris claims...no

7 years of media coming out of the east having a dig at the Force at every chance be it warranted or not thats all i need to back it up.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is there anything to back up harris claims.no

7 years of media coming out of the east having a dig at the Force at every chance be it warranted or not thats all i need to back it up.

Just paranoia then?

Alrighty......... ;)

M

Moono75

MMM turned down a reds contract to play for the force. If simmons leaves he will slot right in. Will be a good signing too with AWH getting towards the end.
He turned down the Reds only to decide to sign with them a year later? You'd hope that if the Force helped to resurect MMM's playing career in OZ he would be a little more loyal than sticking out 1 year.

Status
Not open for further replies.