• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Ick. Waratahs backs. No but seriously, are you saying that because you don't want to lose any Reds players or because you genuinely think the Tahs backline talent is going to waste? Or was that a joke on the Tahs?

The only Tahs I'd be interested in are Tom Kingston, Peter Betham and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). I doubt any of them would leave the Tahs. Drew Mitchell won't last much longer and Israel Folau isn't a long term prospect.

It's the one downside of not having a third tier that the few potential Super Rugby outside backs we have went to the Toyota Cup.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Seriously, I believe the Tahs have plenty of talent that would be better served in other franchises for the good of Aussie rugby. I wasn't referring specifically to the backs though.

It won't happen that way, I know.

I constantly reminded about how strong they are. Reminded about how awesome their breeding ground is. How many awesome wallabies they have... Well, share their best players around then. They have a competition strong enough to replace their best and brightest players.

(I think morahan and Simmons are actually pretty key players for the reds. Morahan is a better fullback than Harris and Simmons does actually do a lot of work usually be is critical o the functioning of the line outs.)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm not having a dig but where are all the QLD locks at? Only Simmons and Horwill are Qlders

I guess Chapman and McMenimen but I count them as 6s.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'm not having a dig but where are all the QLD locks at? Only Simmons and Horwill are Qlders

I guess Chapman and McMenimen but I count them as 6s.
I agree. The tahs have heaps of players, whilst the reds are having to import theirs.

Ergo, it is logical that the nswru should be spreading their best players around to the other developing franchises.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not sure why you think the NSWRU is relevant to that

Brumbies: Carter (NSW), Fardy (NSW), Kimlin (ACT)
Rebels: Jones (NSW), Pyle (NSW), Neville (NSW)
Force: Wykes (NSW), Lynn (NZ), Battye (ACT)

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Not sure why you think the NSWRU is relevant to that

Brumbies: Carter (NSW), Fardy (NSW), Kimlin (ACT)
Rebels: Jones (NSW), Pyle (NSW), Neville (NSW)
Force: Wykes (NSW), Lynn (NZ), Battye (ACT)
Which of those are better than the ones currently playing for the tahs? If you believe that these are the tahs (edit: that should read ex nswru) best players, then why are they not being picked for the wallabies?

I did say, the best players from the tahs should be spread around to develop the other franchises, did I not?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The reality is that the Tahs and Reds will both lose key players in the next couple of years.

With so many players coming off contract at the end of the year, the Tahs are bound to lose some key players, particularly among their older Wallabies.

The Reds aren't going to be able to keep all their backline stars particularly in the next couple of years because some Wallabies/future Wallabies aren't going to sit around being reserves for the Reds when more money and opportunity beckons elsewhere.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
The reality is that the Tahs and Reds will both lose key players in the next couple of years.

I'd be happy to give the Rebels Simmons and Harris for Pyle or Jones. They get another 10 which they really need so JOC (James O'Connor) and Beale can play 12 & 15 respectively. Reds get an excellent lock and a chance for anew back.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Reds will lose backs without a doubt. Morahan, Harris, Taps, Ioane, CFS, Shipperley, A Finger are all too good not to start. Then there's Lucas, Lance and Davies.

Status
Not open for further replies.