• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
The reds can keep simons he is just a lazy thug in a red shirt. Give me neville or Pyle any day who have also stated they are keeping their option open.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Quality locks in Australia are few and far between.

I would really like to get hold of a decent lock capable of leading the lineout, to help with Phoenix Battye's development. Still think that lad will be a beast in a few years.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Quality locks in Australia are few and far between.

The depth is improving though.

We've now got Horwill, Douglas, Timani, Pyle, Simmons, Fardy, Carter, AWH, Wykes, Neville, Battye and the players who can play 4/6 like Jones, Chapman, McMeniman, Kimlin, Dennis as well as a few others.

It's no longer a disastrous position for Australian Rugby which seemed the case when Vickerman retired and Horwill got injured at around the same time.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)

We've now got Horwill, Douglas, Timani, Pyle, Simmons, Fardy, Carter, AWH, Wykes, Neville, Battye and the players who can play 4/6 like Jones, Chapman, McMeniman, Kimlin, Dennis as well as a few others.

It's no longer a disastrous position for Australian Rugby which seemed the case when Vickerman retired and Horwill got injured at around the same time.

That is true, but we really only have Horwill as a genuine international lock, and he is broken 9/10ths of the time.
In the past we have seen:
Sharpe and Horwill
Sharpe / Horwill / Vickermann
Harrison / Sharpe
Eales / Giffen

What we have now is not of that quality. Hopefully we can get back there.
What we are really missing is a truely world class lineout caller. That is both the Force and the Wallabies. Lineouts have in the past been our strength, even when the scrum was poor we were on top at lineout time. Not now though.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
That is true, but we really only have Horwill as a genuine international lock, and he is broken 9/10ths of the time.
In the past we have seen:
Sharpe and Horwill
Sharpe / Horwill / Vickermann
Harrison / Sharpe
Eales / Giffen

What we have now is not of that quality. Hopefully we can get back there.
What we are really missing is a truely world class lineout caller. That is both the Force and the Wallabies. Lineouts have in the past been our strength, even when the scrum was poor we were on top at lineout time. Not now though.

True but it jsut seems that way because the enxt 2 in the pecking order have both now retired and we have to inject some new blood........in my opinion Douglas & Pyle is the way of the future

M

Moono75

Everyone has keyed in on the possible Simmons recruitment, however from the article the real play could be for Morahan.

Simmons is only 23 so despite a few knocks he could still develop as a player, has good experience and could flourish in a new environment.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Everyone has keyed in on the possible Simmons recruitment, however from the article the real play could be for Morahan.

Simmons is only 23 so despite a few knocks he could still develop as a player, has good experience and could flourish in a new environment.

Morahan would definitely be a good signing for the Force.

Most of Simmons' problems seem to be between the ears at the moment. He needs to forget about the niggle and concentrate on playing rugby.

M

Moono75

Morahan would definitely be a good signing for the Force.

Most of Simmons' problems seem to be between the ears at the moment. He needs to forget about the niggle and concentrate on playing rugby.
......very true regarding Simmons. I think knowing where to direct and channel your aggression to be of best benefit to your team etc comes with age/experience......perhaps he'll grow out of it! Morahan would be handy and I think he'd get a good opportunity to play with the Force if Tupou doesn't work out for the Force at fullback and reverts to the centres.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
No Reds fan would like to hear their but since they have spectacular depths it's probably better for the Wobs a few of their players explore other options.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)

I personally have been disappointed with Timani. But that maybe a case of myself overrating him when he made it to Super 15.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Morahan is a very good attacking player. My only criticisms are that his number of involvements needs to increase, and his defence can be inconsistent. Both can be improved over time.

Morahan would be a handy pickup for the Force at fullback, and a Mafi, Cummins, Morahan back three looks dangerous on paper. Reds would no doubt be upset to lose him, but then again there is no way that the Reds will be able to hang onto all of their backline talent in the next couple of years.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
I wouldnt be hugely upset with Simmons.
It really depends on whether Wykes turns out to be a 6 / 8 or a lock. MMM is already a flanker come lock, its really only Battye and Lynn that are out and out locks.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
i would be spewing if we ended up with Simmons. God knows why the rebels would want him though. Morahan is alright

The Rebels are probably showing interest because Neville and Pyle haven't committed past this season and may be open to offers from elsewhere. Pretty sure all of the S15 clubs would be interested in Neville and Pyle.

Simmons might not be so bad. There was a time early in his career that Horwill was a bit of a hot head. He is now the premier lock in Australia.

Morahan would be great. He is relatively experienced and versatile.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
No Reds fan would like to hear their but since they have spectacular depths it's probably better for the Wobs a few of their players explore other options.
Do you believe that the reds have greater depth than the tahs do? They have wallabies that cannot even make the starting team when "fit".

Status
Not open for further replies.