• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingClassRugger

Michael Lynagh (62)
That he was. He's no pocock but i was very impressed his running game was something else cpmpared to Pocock and was very strong at the break down very happy to have him in the 7 for 2013

Alcock actually has a very strong running game. He breaks a great many tackles you wouldn't expect him to. A bit like Hooper in that way. His pilfer work is generally good as well, not to quite the standard of Pocock but he'll compliment Hodgeson nicely and if they get on together will cause some headaches for the opposition around the ruck. How'd CTM go? Really hoping he cracks the starting line up and is up to muster in Super Rugby.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
The fact that Adongo is being named as a top 3 player in their "potent" forward pack is a worry.

The bloke is very very raw. He's an amazing athlete and hits rucks very hard, on top of this he's an interesting character with a great story.

Is he Super Rugby ready? I don't know. At a good Super rugby club he'd be an off the bench impact player at best.

I myself wanted the Rebels to sign him but would have never touted him as more than a very interesting individual, on and off the field.

You pack a back five of Du Preez, Watson, Leonardi, Sykes int oa team and your not going to lose anything there howeve ri do have reservations on the front row.......

M

Moono75

The west is reporting Cummins looks like coming back in at 13 with Mafi Tupou and Dellit at the back this i like.
IF HB plays 13 does that mean the wings will be Mafi and the other Junior? Like MMM talking the boys up in the paper..like the confidence.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Alcock actually has a very strong running game. He breaks a great many tackles you wouldn't expect him to. A bit like Hooper in that way. His pilfer work is generally good as well, not to quite the standard of Pocock but he'll compliment Hodgeson nicely and if they get on together will cause some headaches for the opposition around the ruck. How'd CTM go? Really hoping he cracks the starting line up and is up to muster in Super Rugby.

CTM was on fire during the Tongan game. He had the ball on a string with his kicking game and his defence was immense couldn’t be happier with what I saw from him on Friday night.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
CTM was on fire during the Tongan game. He had the ball on a string with his kicking game and his defence was immense couldn’t be happier with what I saw from him on Friday night.

Has CTM been trialling at 12 or 13 or both?

I feel it would be such a waste for foley to spend the off season injecting such a plethora of talent into the squad's centre stocks only to then turn around and play cummins at 13.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Has CTM been trialling at 12 or 13 or both?

I feel it would be such a waste for foley to spend the off season injecting such a plethora of talent into the squad's centre stocks only to then turn around and play cummins at 13.
He has been playing at both but more so at 12. The 12 would be between CTM and Hayward for the starting 12 with Godwin as 10/12 cover. Mafi and Dellit and Junior went really good during the trials but the players at 13 seamed to struggle namely Stanley. i think a back like of alby sias mafi ctm cummins dellit tupou i think would br very good but you could also rung cummings on the wing with a hayward ctm 12/13.

M

Moono75

I think Cummins should play wing unless something goes seriously wrong with the centre combinations. As TD stated, Foley has brought in enough players to trial so give the badger a run on the wing. He can always come in if he's not getting enough ball and inject himself into the game.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I would prefer a CTM/Hayward centre pairing and cummins to the wing i hope....... i feel that a skillfull ball playing 12/13 pairing far outweighs the benefits of a skillfull 12 with a crashingball 13......especially against the force who will be fielding a sidey/mitchell and Inman centre pairing most likely.

Also the ball playign 12/13 pairing will be more equipeed to bring tupou into the line attacking as a crashballer and at the end of the day CTM is no shrinking violet in contact

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
we shall see tomorrow i guess when the team is named.

on another note for all the guys out there who might still be with out a date for valentines day this might come in handy

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
You pack a back five of Du Preez, Watson, Leonardi, Sykes int oa team and your not going to lose anything there howeve ri do have reservations on the front row...

The Kings certainly aren't as shit as we thought they might be six months ago, but that isn't hard.

The Force have the advantage that we will have a competitive game under our belts before we come up against the Kings. That would be a big difference with normal teams little own for a team that has never played a competition match together (When you consider the likely starting XV). I'm reminded of the absolute blitzing the Rebels received at the start of 2011 and their massive turn around by the next weekend.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I posted this in the game thread. Thought it would be better over here.

"What's everyone's thoughts on MMM, cummins, Sheehan,Hodgson and SKN still to come into the force squad.

I thought Alby was good and probably underplayed his card. He didn't mind running at the line. As the game went on there were ( hope I used the right there were lol) holes around the breakdown but he still passed the ball instead of having a go. All in all he was good. Sheehan offers a bit of mongrel that Alby doesn't have. It will e great when they are both in the 22.

Hodgson is needed IMO. We need the experience in the back row. I know brown and Benny have some experience but Hodgson being the team leader needs to be there with cottrell.

MmM will add some much needed height and experience to the line out he is the tallest member of the starting side. We defiantly need help in the line out department going forward.

Cummins speaks for himself. Passion 110% effort and that's all you can ask. Runs hard and strait. I though we did well getting the ball out wide compared to last year. Cummins should see more ball this year which is great. With Mafi on the other wing we have 2 good wingers.

SNK. Who knows? Could be great. Could be average. Either way he will add good experience to the backs.

1. Pek Cowan (c)
2. Nathan Charles
3. Tetera Faulkner
4. Sam Wykes
5. MMM
6. Hodgson
7. Chris Alcock
8. Ben McCalman
9. Alby Mathewson
10. Godwin
11. Alfie Mafi
12. Eberson
13. Winston Stanley
14. Cummins
15. SKN
Reserves
16. Heath Tessmann*
17. Kieran Longbottom / Manu/ maafu
18. Phoenix Battye / Lynn
19. Richard Brown/ cottrell
20. Sheehan
21. Christie/ Hayward/ delit
22. Junior Rasolea/ tupou

That bench isn't to bad. Good props and back row. It's going to be hard to pick a whole 22 for coach."

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I posted this in the game thread. Thought it would be better over here.

I think that this early in the season the changes to the team have to be incremental in order to not shake things up too much.

In last nights game Christie was passable but I think ultimately he is stop gap option whilst Godwin gets up to speed or the force sign another flyhalf. Baring injuries, I think the backline will move towards looking something like this:

9. Mathewson
10. Godwin
11. Mafi
12. CTM
13. Stanley/Dellit/Rasolea
14. Cummins
15. Tupou

For now the big question is whether Godwin can step up at 10 or if he is better left playing 12. In any case the force need someone else to take on the kicking duties immediately, and CTM can kick goals.

The pack will take care of itself. The lineouts need work but otherwise there is enough quality there to ensure a solid platform for the backs.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I think that this early in the season the changes to the team have to be incremental in order to not shake things up too much.

In last nights game Christie was passable but I think ultimately he is stop gap option whilst Godwin gets up to speed or the force sign another flyhalf. Baring injuries, I think the backline will move towards looking something like this:

9. Mathewson
10. Godwin
11. Mafi
12. CTM
13. Stanley/Dellit/Rasolea
14. Cummins
15. Tupou

For now the big question is whether Godwin can step up at 10 or if he is better left playing 12. In any case the force need someone else to take on the kicking duties immediately, and CTM can kick goals.

The pack will take care of itself. The lineouts need work but otherwise there is enough quality there to ensure a solid platform for the backs.
There is also another young perth 10 coming through in luke burton very very promising. Could be a all perth 10/12 cimbo by next year.
Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Tupou still looks like a big hard/straight running 13 to me. He's exactly the player you guys need running off Goodwin and yet he's playing FB.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'd keep Godwin at 12. His ball running and offloading was the best aspect of his play. Christie/Ebersohn/SNK - whoever is the best goal kicker goes 10. CTM at 13. I reckon Mafi is better at fullback as well.

9. Alby
10. ?
11. Tupou
12. Godwin
13. CTM
14. Cummins
15. Mafi

Status
Not open for further replies.