• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
You can't really take the 6 away from Higgenbotham though, can you? The man is a machine.

I think the 6 jumper will be one of the most contested for the Wallabies this year.

I think Dennis closed to the gap on Higginbotham by playing well on the EOYT and players like McCalman and McMeniman will also be vying for the spot in 2013.

Throw in all the other permutations such as Timani at 6 or playing Hooper and Pocock in the same XV and there are lots of options.

M

Moono75

Thanks for the highlights Gaffa. Some good signs in there for the Force with a couple of nice runs by Mafi and whoever the 15 was at about the 5 minutes mark. I think it was Ed Stubbs?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Tupou made the break then stubbs took off and mafi was tackled just before the line great cover tackle not sure who the brum player was.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
As an aside, I looked up Mafi's wikipedia page to see how old he was and was interested that he went to Granville High School and thought that he must have gone to school with TPN (albeit a couple of years younger).

Actually TPN went to South Granville High School.

I wonder if they have a bitter rivalry because of this?

D-Box

Cyril Towers (30)
Posted this on the match page but can we start a fan vote to send Ma'fu north early. Not that the clip had much of the game but he didn't even attempt to cover across for the second Brumby try and missed at least one more tackle during the clip. I don't mind a prop getting beaten by a back but at least change speed.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Posted this on the match page but can we start a fan vote to send Ma'fu north early. Not that the clip had much of the game but he didn't even attempt to cover across for the second Brumby try and missed at least one more tackle during the clip. I don't mind a prop getting beaten by a back but at least change speed.
While I agree that Ma'afu is past his prime, he's still a talented scrummager, reliable in the lineout and the second best prop in the Western Force by a mile. If that changes, he'll be on the bench.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
While I agree that Ma'afu is past his prime, he's still a talented scrummager, reliable in the lineout and the second best prop in the Western Force by a mile. If that changes, he'll be on the bench.

I call bullshit on that. In the Waratahs game in Perth last season Ma'afu got sinbinned on the Force 5m line for repeated scrum infringements. Longbottom came on and the 7 man Force scrum won a turnover against the Waratahs.

Sure that is only one game but people who are not Force fans significantly undervalue Kieran Longbottom. Ma'afu has one good game in three or four and people forget about the handful of other shitty games where he does very little and isn't that flash in the scrums.

M

Moono75

At least Maafu looks a bit fitter than he has been in previous years so he shouldn't be playing catchup fitness wise. If he doesn't measure up I'm sure Kbomb or Manu will get plenty of playing time. Manu is the future.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Story in the west today saying hodgo pulled a hammy yesterday i might miss the first game against the rebels but should be fine to play the kins. Big blow byt a good chance to see how alcock goes. I guess its a sign that a "Cock" must wear the 7 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.