• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Do the highlighted names in this story give any hints to who Foley thinks are his starters? If so would be disappointing for Goodwin. Thoughts anyone.
What do you mean by highlighted? The players who have a * are all new players and they arecthe same as in the artical.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
oops I saw an asterisk next to his name in a report and thought it meant an EPS contract but it just meant first appearance for the Force.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
How is Sam N-K shaping up? Where is he going to fit into the Force setup this year?
He is still in japan wont be in perth till late feb i would think he might be abit of a utility bench player.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I'm sure he'll do a good job as captain but I question whether he can hold a starting spot for most of the year. Alcock will put lots of pressure on him at 7.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Alcock and Hodgo both deployed at plenty of positions other than 7.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Very interesting. I guess it kind of makes sense if you have Stanley, Dellit, Rasolea and Cummins all capable of playing 13 and Mafi wants to be a winger.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Player power a Force for Success

"PLAYER power" has long been used as a derogatory term in Australian rugby but not as far as the Western Force's new chief executive Mark Sinderberry is concerned. Then again, he did effectively invent the concept.

Sinderberry was the foundation chief executive of the Brumbies back in 1995, and realised from the start that, confronted by the established might of NSW and Queensland, let alone the NZ and South African components of what was then the Super 12, the new Canberra team had to do things differently and more democratically.
Read More: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...-1226565402771

D-Box

Cyril Towers (30)
Well Sinderberry is definitely talking the talk in his visit to WA. This appeared on the West website today

Western Force chief executive Mark Sinderberry will seek early answers from the Australian Rugby Union when he takes control of the Super Rugby club.
Top of his agenda is the reinstatement of the club's senior academy after $200,000 in funding was slashed by the ARU's then chief executive John O'Neill two years ago.
Sinderberry also wants to discuss the re-establishment of the third-tier competition.

more at http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/basketball/16032079/new-force-boss-seeks-better-aru-deal/

He also appears to think that the ARU might actually listen now rather than just dictate.

Status
Not open for further replies.