• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'd really like to see Kyle Godwin get a fair bit of game time this season. Depending on how things go, it would be tempting to try Godwin at 10 and Ebersohn at 12. Against the Kings for example or if we are late in the season and no chance of finals.

It would be good to see a bit of CTM at 12 but it would be crazy to start him there having not played any Super Rugby. Hayward has got to be a starter if fit.

I wonder if it would be worth running Winston Stanley at 13 and having Tupou on a wing with Cummins on the other wing and Mafi at fullback. Otherwise Tupou to 13, Mafi to 14 and Dellit at fullback.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
With CTM even though he hasnt played super rugby he has been around along time at all levels so if he has shown in training that he is up to it he should start.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

M

Moono75

2013 may be the year we unearth a talent. CTM and Junior could be anything. Training track form and preseason interviews count for nothing until we hit some competative games with guys trying to knock your head off.

For 2013 I'd like to see Mafi wear some decent boots with long stops. How many times did we see him slip over in 2012 cutting back inside on a nice run. Alfie's a big talent...time to shine in 2013.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I don't think seeing him train at the Force at the moment will tell you much about what he might offer. I've seen his Shute Shield highlights and you get a bit of an idea of what he is about. After a few years of Ryan Cross (2010) and Rory Sidey at 12 (2012), who both offer little other than crash ball on attack, it is good to have someone who is capable of trying something different and might develop into our long term 12. I don't think anyone expects that to happen over night.

M

Moono75

Would be good to see a player in the centres with a good off load. Hopefully the coaches have spent some time on improving the passing and general skills across the board which were pretty atrocious last year. Winning a few games will give the players the confidence to throw the ball around.

D

Desy Clark

I can't wait for the season to start! We don't have the big name players in the backline, but the players we do have, under Steve Meehan, look really exciting. Hopefully we will see a lot more enterprise from the boys, with a few backline moves thrown in!
I would love to see Kyle Godwin grab his chances with both hands and really develop this year. I'm sure he will get plenty of game time.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm sure he'll do a good job as captain but I question whether he can hold a starting spot for most of the year. Alcock will put lots of pressure on him at 7.

WorkingClassRugger

Michael Lynagh (62)
Did anyone see CTM training with the Force? What about him?
I don't know why, but I think most of us supporters are simply expecting too much from him.

Expectation is probably the biggest hurdle for player's to overcome. However, I think CTM has the potential to be a good find so to speak. He's partial to the physical stuff you want from a 12 which will set him in good stead.

M

Moono75

Good call on Hodgo for captain. He'll set the example on field and I think some of his best games for the Force were when Pocock was out of the team injured. He stepped up and assumed the leadership mantle. Teams can rally behind a player of his stature.....hard nosed, no compromise....blood will be spilled.

A couple of weeks to go....bring on the Rebels.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Got a sense of deja vu when I heard about the Force's leadership group. The Tahs had a leadership group last year under Foley as well. If mentions anything about "attacking kicking" and Force fans should be worried!;) Hope he's learned from his year as Tahs head coach.

D-Box

Cyril Towers (30)
Do the highlighted names in this story give any hints to who Foley thinks are his starters? If so would be disappointing for Goodwin. Thoughts anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.