• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
One of my work mates told me Hodgo was out for 6 weeks. Has that been reported elsewhere?
According to the force on facebook he has a minor hamstring injury. You woukd think he is touch and go for next week prob round 2 against the kings.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Story in the west today saying hodgo pulled a hammy yesterday i might miss the first game against the rebels but should be fine to play the kins. Big blow byt a good chance to see how alcock goes. I guess its a sign that a "Cock" must wear the 7 :D
Alcock could be a nice surprise for Force fans. There is a lot to like about his play.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Alcock could be a nice surprise for Force fans. There is a lot to like about his play.
That he was. He's no pocock but i was very impressed his running game was something else cpmpared to Pocock and was very strong at the break down very happy to have him in the 7 for 2013

The Rant

Fred Wood (13)
Tipping them to jump out to a win here against the rebels.

Their first 2 months is sadly one of the harder itineraries in the competition so they'll be focused on getting some runs on the board.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I reckon the Force have one of the best first 2 months.

Rebels away (poor history but you'd rather the Rebels than the Tahs, Reds or Brumbies)
Kings away (easy away win)
Bulls away (usually vulnerable early in the season, done well at Loftus)
Bye
Reds away (without Genia)
Cheetahs (should win)

Should be aiming for 4 wins there.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

Rebels away (poor history but you'd rather the Rebels than the Tahs, Reds or Brumbies)
Bye
Cheetahs (should win)

I agree. 4 wins plus the bye will have them top 4 to start round 7. That would be a huge start to the season!

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)

Bye
Cheetahs (should win)

The only issue is that its all on the road which the force requested so the new stadium can be ready. The season could be over before they even play their first game in perth.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

M

Moono75

I would be horrified if we lost to the Kings. It's bad enough being 1-3 against the Rebels. The boys are looking OK so far but the proof comes on Friday and I hope they fire up and rip into the Rebels.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Thanks Gaff

I agree. If we loose to the kings it's over for the year. Lol

4 wins would be great and very possible. It's Gona be tough in Melbourne on Friday. We seam to be the team the rebels like to play.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I think people write off the kings completely at their own risk they have some very good players in their side and if you switch off for a minute they will get you. Looking at their squad they have a potentially potent forward pack featuring Adongo, Watson and Leonardi. If the the kings are to be beaten its going to be outwide

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I think people write off the kings completely at their own risk they have some very good players in their side and if you switch off for a minute they will get you. Looking at their squad they have a potentially potent forward pack featuring Adongo, Watson and Leonardi. If the the kings are to be beaten its going to be outwide

The fact that Adongo is being named as a top 3 player in their "potent" forward pack is a worry.

The bloke is very very raw. He's an amazing athlete and hits rucks very hard, on top of this he's an interesting character with a great story.

Is he Super Rugby ready? I don't know. At a good Super rugby club he'd be an off the bench impact player at best.

I myself wanted the Rebels to sign him but would have never touted him as more than a very interesting individual, on and off the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.