• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yep ACL he did it in the 14th min thing he played on for a few mins but couldnt run.
Surgery Thurdays 9 months rehab.

Hmmm, I'd love to know if he snapped it trying to continue playing, usually once you've done it you can't support that leg.

D-Box

Cyril Towers (30)
You can actually play without an ACL - depends on the strength of the muscles around the knee. I'm guessing Charles has some big ones. Would have allowed him to try again but considering he was injured no surprise he went off. If I remember rightly it was pretty much the next contact he got involved in.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I played two cricket grand finals a few weeks after doing my ACL (confirmed as fully ruptured, booked in for surgery etc.).

I wicket kept in one of them. I could run in a straight line but any force off balance on my knee made it slide out and me collapse in a screaming heap.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I played two cricket grand finals a few weeks after doing my ACL (confirmed as fully ruptured, booked in for surgery etc.).

I wicket kept in one of them. I could run in a straight line but any force off balance on my knee made it slide out and me collapse in a screaming heap.

This.

The physio at the club I used to play for had heaps of stories about guys who played with no ACL (and I played with a few of them, most of them being huge bruisers who could only Maori sidestep).

Best story, though, was of a Gaelic footballer who was supposedly untouchable in his day - until he did his ACL. Back then they would not get an op (especially in an amateur game), so after some rest the guy played on. He was still untouchable for a while with no ACL, until he was worked out - he now had a massive turning circle at any sort of speed. Players who could step now had a huge advantage.

Woodenspoon

Herbert Moran (7)
Sorry for Natahan, guys.
Kingi has a lot of talent, half-back looks like his obvious posse, he could learn a lot from backing up a player like Mathewson.
I'd be happy with Kingi at the Force, but Mathewson is one of the best Force players at the moment so...you should put Kingi on the wing most of the time, otherwise you'd only have a disappointed (and probably expensive) good scrumhalf on the bench.
I don't think it is a priority anyway, Force needed at least a flyhalf, a good outside centre, a lock and a fullback (and maybe I forget other positions they need to get better at)

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
He's been linked to the Rebels more than once in recent weeks.

I suppose the Force are hypothetically just as good of a chance of getting him but I haven't heard that rumour floating about.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...-1226607155792

Morahan, meanwhile, is poised to join the Western Force next year. The franchise is also chasing Reds hooker James Hanson, who has also received interest from the Melbourne Rebels.

It is understood the Rebels have put their retention and recruitment on hold until the Kurtley Beale issue is resolved."

more 2014 squad but i like Morahan he can bring his little brother with him 2 please.

Woodenspoon

Herbert Moran (7)
James Hanson would be a very good choice, but honestly Morahan didn't fulfill all of the expectations that rugby enthusiasts had/have about him so far.

Caputo

Ted Thorn (20)
Righto sea o'blue who is the new back up to Whittaker and Tessman. Has anyone contacted Hugh Roach or these three from AU20 Silatolu Latu, Andrew Ready or Maile Ngaumo?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Righto sea o'blue who is the new back up to Whittaker and Tessman. Has anyone contacted Hugh Roach or these three from AU20 Silatolu Latu, Andrew Ready or Maile Ngaumo?
In the eps we have james hilderbrant. A south aus boy pulled from the shield.
Havent seen him play yet but will be keeping an eye out when the perth comp starts.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Woodenspoon

Herbert Moran (7)
He is better than any of the fullbacks we have atm

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
Just beacause we don't have a proper fullback.
Don't misunderstand me, please, he is a good fullback and winger and would be an improvement considering the current squad. But I don't know if he's the fullback we really need.
Anyway, to be competitive the Force need to renew part of the squad next year and in such a context he could be just fine

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
I had thought Mafi was heading to Japan at the end of 2013. Which is disappointing as he is really hitting some form of late.

As far as I'm aware, nobody has ever confirmed that. Probably just his agent planting some ideas in a journo's head. It would be pretty silly, as he's on the cusp of great things.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I had thought Mafi was heading to Japan at the end of 2013. Which is disappointing as he is really hitting some form of late.

Nor is he listening to rumours that he may be off to Japan at the end of the year and said if the offer was right he would be happy to stay in Perth.

"I just want to focus on my year with the Force and see where it takes me. I would love to stay here," he said. "I love the place and I love the boys."

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...upturing-knee/

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Just beacause we don't have a proper fullback.
Don't misunderstand me, please, he is a good fullback and winger and would be an improvement considering the current squad. But I don't know if he's the fullback we really need.
Anyway, to be competitive the Force need to renew part of the squad next year and in such a context he could be just fine

What do the Force really need then? He is 23 & has played for the Wobs. Don't think Dagg will be signing for the Force anytime soon and Morahan is the best of the Aussies off contract.

Hopefully Mafi stays. They should really try pick up a player like Lachie Turner who is on the outer in NSW and things could be looking good in the west.

9. Mathewson
10. Ebersohn
11. Mafi/Turner
12. Godwin
13. Stanley
14. Cummins
15. Morahan

Lot to like there.

Woodenspoon

Herbert Moran (7)
What do the Force really need then? He is 23 & has played for the Wobs
Maybe you're right, Morahan would be good for the Force.
I have to say I had in mind a player like Mike Harris for the same reasons you wrote above. Plus, his kicking his very accurate and he can play as a flyhalf or centre as well. I don't know if he is off-contract anyway.
Hopefully Mafi stays. They should really try pick up a player like Lachie Turner who is on the outer in NSW and things could be looking good in the west.

9. Mathewson
10. Ebersohn
11. Mafi/Turner
12. Godwin
13. Stanley
14. Cummins
15. Morahan
Sounds good, although I would replace Stanley and Ebersohn.

Status
Not open for further replies.