• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
The froce can hold their own in shit fight type of game but they will never directly overpower someone but i suggest that with the signings we have made to ensure our inside backs are excellent attackers and playmakers and our outside ones are bonafide finishers suggest the the force are going to play an exapansive game and thats where there power will come from.

M

Moono75

We won't have as strong a pack this season but I think/hope that our pack will play smarter.

In many ways the Force pack has been playing like the Wallabies pack- one out, static runners; slow to regroup giving the opposition plenty of time to set their defence; playing not to lose rather than to win.

We might not have the bulk/power of say the Waratahs but I would argue that we are more mobile and more aggressive than the Tahs. I want to see the Force play the style of offload/quick recycle game that the Hurricanes had 5 or 6 years ago.
If Manu continues his development he could be just the sort of bullocking forward we need to bust over the line. The Force pack needs a bit of mongrel intensity and intimidation factor. If we haven't got that then we need to make sure they are the fittest guys and can wear down an opponent. The new athletic, strength & conditioning team at the Force should hopefully see to that.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
I guess if you introduce effective, innovative concepts you've gotta be prepared for others to take a leaf out of your book. That's good - a sign the Brums are setting the pace again.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I was wondering how the recruitment for the Force's CEO was going:

The Western Force will announce their new chief executive early in the new year.

They have a shortlist of two to replace Vern Reid who announced in October he was standing down after three years in the role.

Both candidates have an extensive rugby background and experience and one is still heavily involved in the game.

The club has kept a tight lid on the names after powerful rugby identity, former Wallaby and Waratah Tony Dempsey, now a dispute resolution lawyer, was touted as a replacement but told RugbyWA board members he would not be applying for the position.

It's going to be Sharpie isn't it? ;)

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/basketball/15698098/shortlist-for-force-job-down-to-two/

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
If MMM wants to play for the Wallabies he should concentrate on playing 6. Neither Dennis or Higginbotham really did enough this year to make the jersey their own & MMM @ 6 would be a good option if Deans wants to play Hooper & Pocock in tandem.

I think a fully fit Palu will start @ 8 every time but I still don't see him as an 80 minute player.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
If MMM wants to play for the Wallabies he should concentrate on playing 6. Neither Dennis or Higginbotham really did enough this year to make the jersey their own & MMM @ 6 would be a good option if Deans wants to play Hooper & Pocock in tandem.

I think a fully fit Palu will start @ 8 every time but I still don't see him as an 80 minute player.

I like your thinking but I think pigs will fly before the Force play him at six. What might happen with a good season is he might be a good candidate for the LH lock position for the Wallabies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I can see the Force playing him at 6- if that is what he wants and we don't have too many injuries. We need a bit of beef in our back row. I'd be pretty happy with:

4. Wykes
5. Lynn
6. McMeniman
7. Hodgson
8. McCalman

18. Battye
19. Cottrell

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I can see the Force playing him at 6- if that is what he wants and we don't have too many injuries. We need a bit of beef in our back row. I'd be pretty happy with:

4. Wykes
5. Lynn
6. McMeniman
7. Hodgson
8. McCalman

18. Battye
19. Cottrell

If you named a backrow with both McCalman and MMM in it then Battye would not be on the bench, you'd go double loosey.

That being said, I can't picture them running with a starting 8 without a fit Alcock.

Status
Not open for further replies.