• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
It's a little irksome that even though 2013 is a year that the Force can afford to roll a few die they sign a Kiwi who will certainly be okay but probably be nothing more, rather than signing an Aussie who could go either way.

Blue chip decisions across every position won't see winning rugby played out west.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
That is typical Foley.He would prefer the experienced moderate player over developing a young gun every time.
I do not envy his replacement,he will be left with little to work with.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
nothing has been released about this guy and im not sure that he has been signed to the EPS and would be alittle surprises if he has been. we have plenty of cover at 10 and 12 now. With sheehan out for at least the first 6 weeks the force said they would be maybe looking at using the last spot for another half back aswell as needing another winger which is why Peter Hynes and Corey Brown have been training with the team since the start of Preseason (Hynes has since redone his knee and has left perth). He maybe have been signed to the Bankwest acadamy but we shall wait and see till something has come out of head office.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
It's a little irksome that even though 2013 is a year that the Force can afford to roll a few die they sign a Kiwi who will certainly be okay but probably be nothing more, rather than signing an Aussie who could go either way.

Blue chip decisions across every position won't see winning rugby played out west.

I agree completely.

At best I think the Force will have an ok season in 2013. So if you will be mid-table at best (and I mean best), why use an EPS spot on someone who probably won't be at the Force long term? Rohan Saifoloi instead maybe?

Prodigy

Ron Walden (29)
The Western Force are sprouting about a new signing coming up today. Any ideas who they are talking about?

T

TOCC

nothing has been released about this guy and im not sure that he has been signed to the EPS and would be alittle surprises if he has been. we have plenty of cover at 10 and 12 now. With sheehan out for at least the first 6 weeks the force said they would be maybe looking at using the last spot for another half back aswell as needing another winger which is why Peter Hynes and Corey Brown have been training with the team since the start of Preseason (Hynes has since redone his knee and has left perth). He maybe have been signed to the Bankwest acadamy but we shall wait and see till something has come out of head office.

Who is this "plenty of cover at 10 and 12 now" ?

M

Moono75

Yeah Sam Christie announced as another option at 10.

The backline is certainly different to 2012....surely it's gotta be an improvement. Big years from the Badger and Alfie needed to push us up the ladder. I want to see some payback this year on the Rebels.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I'd love Rasolea to have a shot at 12. He tore up Premier Colts in Brisbane in 2010 and has progressed nicely. He's incredably strong a deceptively fast.

T

tranquility

Yeah wow, pretty impressive individual performance, very CFS-esque. Did he play schoolboys?

Who was the Islander backrower? he also made a pretty impressive cameo or three.

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
Yeah wow, pretty impressive individual performance, very CFS-esque. Did he play schoolboys?

Rasolea represented Queensland at the National Under 16 Championships in 2007, Queensland II at the National Schoolboys Championships in 2008 and 2009, Fiji Under 20 at the JWC in 2010 and 2011 and the Australian sevens team in 2012.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Certainly looks the goods on the video. Seems to play 12 and 13 with equal aplomb. Has good speed, can beat a tackle and can offload under pressure. All good skills. But for mine, I'd like to see Chris Tuatara-Morrison get a jersey at either 12 or 13. He has all the skills as well, and has displayed them at Shute Shield level. CTM at 12 and Honey Badger at 13 would be electric.

Woodenspoon

Herbert Moran (7)
Certainly looks the goods on the video. Seems to play 12 and 13 with equal aplomb. Has good speed, can beat a tackle and can offload under pressure. All good skills. But for mine, I'd like to see Chris Tuatara-Morrison get a jersey at either 12 or 13. He has all the skills as well, and has displayed them at Shute Shield level. CTM at 12 and Honey Badger at 13 would be electric.
I may be wrong, but I see CTM as a kind of bet. I guess Foley probably saw him fit, determined and definitely showing some skills at the Shute Shield competition and decided to give him a chance, but nobody really saw him playing continuously both in the NRL or superrugby, so there's no certainty he'll be a solid, reliable player. I mean, even if I hope he'll surprise us, he has still to compete to gain a No.12 or No.13 shirt.
Anyway, this year Western Force is full of centres, I think we'll see a lot of combinations.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I may be wrong, but I see CTM as a kind of bet. I guess Foley probably saw him fit, determined and definitely showing some skills at the Shute Shield competition and decided to give him a chance, but nobody really saw him playing continuously both in the NRL or superrugby, so there's no certainty he'll be a solid, reliable player. I mean, even if I hope he'll surprise us, he has still to compete to gain a No.12 or No.13 shirt.
Anyway, this year Western Force is full of centres, I think we'll see a lot of combinations.

Sure, CTM will have to compete to earn a spot, but I'm tipping that he will do just that, and I'm hoping he will have a great season for the Force. Incidentally, Foley isn't the only one who thinks he has something. The Brumbies were also showing interest, but apparently CTM wasn't prepared to play in the local comp when not used for S15, which is one of Jake's initiatives here. The reprts I've heard are that he wants to keep his ties to Northern Suburbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.