• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Sure, if you want the Force to be guaranteed a bottom place finish.

Haven't they suffered enough, the poor petals?

Yeah so 2011 wasn't that great for him. But pre brain tumour he was going great guns. No reason why he couldn't return to that form or at least be better than 2011.

T

TOCC

Yeah so 2011 wasn't that great for him. But pre brain tumour he was going great guns. No reason why he couldn't return to that form or at least be better than 2011.
except for the fact that he is almost 32/33 this year

D

daz

No offence to Hux, but he wasn't going great guns. His kicking game and decision making was average at best, and certainly inconsistant.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
No offence to Hux, but he wasn't going great guns. His kicking game and decision making was average at best, and certainly inconsistant.

Hey I'm just have the greatest respect for the bloke to get back on the field at all after what he went through. Last time I saw him was at the Bledisloe in Auckland in 2008 while he was in the middle of treatment, and it really didn't look good. Now he is back playing. Give him another season and then draw judgement.

T

TOCC

Hey I'm just have the greatest respect for the bloke to get back on the field at all after what he went through. Last time I saw him was at the Bledisloe in Auckland in 2008 while he was in the middle of treatment, and it really didn't look good. Now he is back playing. Give him another season and then draw judgement.

Im not entirely sure another season is needed... he has had 1 and a half seasons since his treatment was completed....
I have a incredible amount of respect for the bloke, but with his age and ability, i just dont see him holding down a starting spot in a Super 15 back-line.

D

daz

If you read my post carefully, you will see that I am talking about Hux pre-illness. I was never a great wrap for the bloke as a player, pure and simple.

Obviously, that is just my opinion. If you have a different one, that is fine and dandy.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Because needs must and BB was in the side. IMHO BB is the best inside centre we have in Aust at the moment.

As long as he doesn't knock himself out...:p
maybe but he was also known quantity at 5/8
I think JOCs selection at 5/8 supports the theory that he wants to play there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
I may be on my own here - I am accustomed to marching to a different drum - but I have quite a degree of sympathy for Willie Ripia.

In most normal work environments, an employee who had been caught out committing this sort of offence and whose employer and work mates had decided not to refer the matter to the police, would have been able to quietly resign and go on with his life without having the alleged details becoming the focus of international media attention.

Being a professional sportsman the young bloke is regarded as fair game and thanks to the internet he has virtually no chance of living this down.

Good on you Bruce, I concur wholeheartedly. I know a couple of people who ar exceptional human beings but were unfortunately struck by the gambling bug. Like any addiction it has horrible ramifications and the addict has little control over his/her behaviour.

Thankfully those that I know kicked the habit and have resumed their places as decent members of society.

I really hope Willie Ripa gets through this.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
As for a replacement 10....they would do worse than get Matt Brandon on a contract. Apart from his skills as a ball player he is a magnificent goal kicker.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
TOCC: We don't necessarily need him as a starter. Just as a back up for Stannard and just for the one season.

Daz: He made the Wallabies in 2007. But then again so did Sam Norton-Knight. He might not have been great but he was good.

rugbyvet

Chris McKivat (8)
If Ben Seymor isn't considered a chance to take over at 5/8 why sign him? If they are looking at Dave Harvey now why wasn't he signed in the first place? Is it a case of signing a young player on the chance he will come good? or is it Phil Blakes influence?

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
If Ben Seymor isn't considered a chance to take over at 5/8 why sign him? If they are looking at Dave Harvey now why wasn't he signed in the first place? Is it a case of signing a young player on the chance he will come good? or is it Phil Blakes influence?

He was probably signed when JOC (James O'Connor) and Ripia were apart of the Force's plans, where a longer term prospect makes sense. With those 2 departing in the last 6 months, you'd be looking at a more experienced 10 as a replacement. If Ben is showing promise I'm sure he is being considered though.

WorkingClassRugger

Michael Lynagh (62)
Over at the TWF forum they're saying Dave Harvey is in the considerations. Evidently his management has been contacted at it appears he could be available.

T

tranquility

Will Justin Turner be fit this year? Where did Swaenpoel end up?

Status
Not open for further replies.