• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
The rebels are for the good of Australian rugby. It's not making our depth worse. That's a stupid thing to say. It's making it better. It will take time but things will get better.

I wasn't saying that the Rebels were bad for Australian rugby or that it is making depth of Wallaby eligible worse. I was saying that we don't have the player numbers to accomodate 5 teams of Australian players without some of those teams being thin on the ground in certain areas and having to rely on players with little senior rugby experience. It is making depth of Super Rugby teams worse. My point is that this could have easily been managed.

M

Moono75

The Australian is reporting that the Force are looking at the availability of Dave Harvey from Gordon. Apparently a good kicker as well?

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
I may be on my own here - I am accustomed to marching to a different drum - but I have quite a degree of sympathy for Willie Ripia.

In most normal work environments, an employee who had been caught out committing this sort of offence and whose employer and work mates had decided not to refer the matter to the police, would have been able to quietly resign and go on with his life without having the alleged details becoming the focus of international media attention.

Being a professional sportsman the young bloke is regarded as fair game and thanks to the internet he has virtually no chance of living this down.

M

Moono75

I may be on my own here - I am accustomed to marching to a different drum - but I have quite a degree of sympathy for Willie Ripia.

In most normal work environments, an employee who had been caught out committing this sort of offence and whose employer and work mates had decided not to refer the matter to the police, would have been able to quietly resign and go on with his life without having the alleged details becoming the focus of international media attention.

Being a professional sportsman the young bloke is regarded as fair game and thanks to the internet he has virtually no chance of living this down.
Yeah I think it will be tought for Ripia to pick up another contract now that the story has broken. It will be tough to earn the trust of team mates if he lands at another club down the track. Good luck to him, hopefully he will get on top of his troubles.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Australian is reporting that the Force are looking at the availability of Dave Harvey from Gordon. Apparently a good kicker as well?

I thought he was playing in 2nd division in France?

One has to wonder how the details were leaked, the Force clearly stated that it was an internal matter and no more details would be released.

D

daz

Good luck with that, Bruce. I tried going down the sympathy path 2 pages ago and was roundly beaten. I'm a broken husk of a man now, thanks to my so-called peer group.

By all means take up the baton and run with it. Being the venerable and guru-like GAGR member that you are, you might make beter headway than I did.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The definition of warehousing players is keeping players in your squad for the purpose of using them in case of injury or in the future when a current starting player moves on...
In either case, neither Beale or JOC (James O'Connor) are going to be anywhere but in the starting lineup.. Beale and JOC (James O'Connor) aren't been warehoused.

The Force arguably wasted there foreign marquee position on Napolioni Nalaga when in my opinion, it was obvious the real weakness was in the play maker role...

2 players with the professed ambition of playing 5/8 = warehousing

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
The downside with being a high profile sportsperson is that if you do anything wrong you are exposed in a public forum. There is no way that an incident like this can be kept a secret, as the media sharks circle. Unfortunately, it is a bit unfair on him because we have yet to hear his side of the story, although I'd imagine it's a story he may not necessarily want to tell. It would be credit to him if he did because a 'mea culpa' in these (alleged) circumstances is the ONLY way he's going to address his demons and start the journey to rehabilitation and maybe, just maybe, get to eventually return to rugby at this level - which I hope is the eventual outcome.

The upside to being a high profile sportsperson is that you earn loads of money playing the game you love, travel all around the globe, become a celebrity, pull all the hotties and generally have a fun time. If you put all this at risk then so be it....

BTW, apart from Mark Bartholomeusz (who may well be long past his prime), didn't Gene Fairbanks turn out for the Brumbies on occasions at five eighth, and Australia once or twice in midweek tour matches in the mid 2000s?

T

TOCC

2 players with the professed ambition of playing 5/8 = warehousing

That's rubbish....
Beale has been praised as one of the worlds best fullbacks, JOC (James O'Connor) has been recognized as a future Wallaby 12..
Just because both those players are both talented enough to play 5/8 doesnt mean that the Rebels are intending on playing them there.

By your assessment the Force are warehousing by having McCalman, Pocock, Hodgson and Brown all signed...

Reactions: daz

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just read an artical in the Western australian saying the force are targeting 2 player Dave Harvey (as stated above) and Francois Brummer. Anyone know much about these 2 players?

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
Dave Harvey is currently playing in Narbonne so I don't believe he will be released during the season.
Francois Brummer was the n°2 fly half at the Bulls behind Morne Steyn last year but he played only 4 games. He has been released as Louis Fouché and Lionel Cronje are rookies. I believe he was not wanted by the Lions as well.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I hate it when names are thrown around that I have no idea of. Maybe Paarl can help us out on this? Liking the conversion rate stat

Status
Not open for further replies.