• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The force need to call Sam norton-knight he can save them.
from what I have heard his big problem is that he believes he can save any team......
The ARU really should have thought this issue through long ago.
You can't have a team warehousing players....JOC (James O'Connor) playing 10 for the force is a far better proposition for oz rugby than he and Beale contending for the spot at the Rebels.
The force are going to struggle again: I don't know these players but its hard to see them controlling s15 games on the prep they've had.
The force need a season of reasonable performances and a season of consolidation to be a serious reliable contender.
They are at a real crossroads in their history, IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
The force were always going to struggle in attracting players. They threw money at ut, it hasn't worked out. If they build a team it will work out much better than buying one and I thin core wise they have Doberman a pretty good job of that.

There isn't enough players in the country for the ARU to dictate were they go. It's a stupid idea. If QLD have another good year do the ARU step in tap a few of them on the shoulder and send them to the bottom ranked team?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
The force were always going to struggle in attracting players. They threw money at ut, it hasn't worked out. If they build a team it will work out much better than buying one and I thin core wise they have Doberman a pretty good job of that.

There isn't enough players in the country for the ARU to dictate were they go. It's a stupid idea. If QLD have another good year do the ARU step in tap a few of them on the shoulder and send them to the bottom ranked team?

In a way isnt that what a salary cap is for?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The ARU should have stopped both Beale and JOC (James O'Connor) going to the same province.....its not about the talent uncovered by the reds- I spose ant finger isn't a local but he wasn't a regular brumby
Works in NZ

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Perhaps, but I am not in favour of telling a player what team they have to play for.
nor am I, in theory
But if I'm running the game for the improvement of the brand (not JOCs brand) I keep in close contact with these type of players and the other senior players to find what's going on with them so that I know what's brewing somthings can be "steered" in a way that is best for the game.
At the moment it just seems to a free for all every few years.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
The ARU have granted the Force permission to recruit a replacement player for Ripia.

Quote:

"Following the departure of Foreign Developing player Willie Ripia on Tuesday evening the Emirates Western Force has been granted special permission by the Australian Rugby Union to recruit a replacement player.

The club was required to submit their full squad list by December 31, 2011 and as such made the request to the ARU for another player to be recruited in place of Ripia.

The contract rules allow the ARU to permit a Super Rugby team to replace a nominated player where it sees fit and with the overall interests of Australian rugby."

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Good News but there is still the matter of finding someone and fast. No small task there.

Can anyone shed some light on Seymor can he cut the mustard?

T

TOCC

The ARU really should have thought this issue through long ago.
You can't have a team warehousing players....JOC (James O'Connor) playing 10 for the force is a far better proposition for oz rugby than he and Beale contending for the spot at the Rebels.

The definition of warehousing players is keeping players in your squad for the purpose of using them in case of injury or in the future when a current starting player moves on...
In either case, neither Beale or JOC (James O'Connor) are going to be anywhere but in the starting lineup.. Beale and JOC (James O'Connor) aren't been warehoused.

The Force arguably wasted there foreign marquee position on Napolioni Nalaga when in my opinion, it was obvious the real weakness was in the play maker role...

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I wouldn't say they wasted it, it's true they needed a playmaker but they also lacked finishing back. Quality wingers; haven't had one since Drew Mitchell and Ioane. You saw impact Smith made when he finally got his game together.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
It's going to be an interesting few weeks over here. I would put my hand up but I think nib wouldn't be able to cope with the influx of fans.
Lol

It will be interesting to see how the force go in what type of player they get. Surly it had to be a 10 and I would say they should be able to find an average 10 just to stabilize the bench.

I dont know about seymor.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
The Force arguably wasted there foreign marquee position on Napolioni Nalaga when in my opinion, it was obvious the real weakness was in the play maker role...

That should be the point. Australian rugby depth was always going to be stretched to breaking point with the inclusion of the Melbourne Rebels. A clever ARU would have seen this and given the other teams an additional marquee player spot. You can see why the ARU wants squads to be as Wallaby eligible as possible but it is more important that, while the inclusion of the Rebels settles in, teams are able to stay competitive. The Brumbies and Waratahs could also certainly use an additional marquee spot.

M

Moono75

The definition of warehousing players is keeping players in your squad for the purpose of using them in case of injury or in the future when a current starting player moves on...
In either case, neither Beale or JOC (James O'Connor) are going to be anywhere but in the starting lineup.. Beale and JOC (James O'Connor) aren't been warehoused.

I think Nalaga is a good pickup and he was signed before all the problems with Ripia surfaced. Whilst some good cover at 10 would be nice now that the ARU has agreed to a replacement player, I think Nalaga may prove to be a gem.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
The rebels are for the good of Australian rugby. It's not making our depth worse. That's a stupid thing to say. It's making it better. It will take time but things will get better.

All the force need is a back up for Stannard that is good enough to direct the team of he gets injured.

The force game plan will be simple this year in the backs. Smash it up with good 100kg plus centers and the get the ball wide to nalaga.

M

Moono75

The rebels are for the good of Australian rugby. It's not making our depth worse. That's a stupid thing to say. It's making it better. It will take time but things will get better.

All the force need is a back up for Stannard that is good enough to direct the team of he gets injured.

The force game plan will be simple this year in the backs. Smash it up with good 100kg plus centers and the get the ball wide to nalaga.
sounds like a good plan to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.