• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
How is he going. Henjack. He was looking good in the arc on the lead up to the season he got sacked.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
How is he going. Henjack. He was looking good in the arc on the lead up to the season he got sacked.

His best action last year was a fight in a disco in Marseille with Gavin Henson.
Henson was sacked and Henjack kept because Giteau had already signed.
He is not the first choice anyway, maybe the third one.

T

tranquility

Has Leroy Houston started playing in France? I truly fear he will never reach his potential over there, which is a damn shame.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
If Ben Seymor isn't considered a chance to take over at 5/8 why sign him? If they are looking at Dave Harvey now why wasn't he signed in the first place? Is it a case of signing a young player on the chance he will come good? or is it Phil Blakes influence?

I'm a bit of believer in backing youth..... so I say throw Seymour in the water and see if he can swim. Harvey for mine, whilst a talented kicker, is a very poor defender. He would get exposed big time in Super Rugby. He is probably the perfect example of why there is the need to for a genuine 3rd tier club/provincial championship in Australia.

In any case, he has been playing well for Narbonne and is apparently in negotiations to extend his contract there (it expires in 2 months). There are also a few other clubs over there queuing up to chat to him. He's around 30, I think he's better off taking the $$ on offer in European Rugby than worrying about playing Super Rugby here.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
Has Leroy Houston started playing in France? I truly fear he will never reach his potential over there, which is a damn shame.

I haven't watch any of Bordeaux's games so far but it seems the team is doing pretty well.
Leroy Houston and Cameron Treloar are often on the field. But Blair Connor is considered as the most impressive Aussie.
The players with best grades are Ole Avei and Heini Adams.

N

Newter

Id like to see Stannard kept as a 10.
That would leave space in the squad, as I think we could sort out cover for Stannard should he go down. Its pointless trying to look for a 1 year cover as we will just hit this problem again next year.

That would allow us to either bring in Godwin to the senior squad, or resign Swanepoel, who I think was chasing a kiwi super contract (but didnt get one).
I thought that Swanepoel and Stannard combined well last year and I was disappointed to see him not resigned.

Edit: On top of that, Sheehan is now 32? and wont be around much longer. It would be good to have two decent young scrummies fighting it out (like we do with hookers) rather than one older one who gets all the game time, and a cover

They've also got Gene Fairbanks in the squad, who could surely play a bit of flyhalf. He's got experience and we know he'd tackle well.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yeah he might make a good bench option if injuries strike. That's why getting a new 9 or not making a decision about who to take Ripia's place just yet might be a good idea.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Lol @sudrugby

How much longer can Sheehan last. I think he does a good job but he would only have a couple of Years left. Then again maybe he will be one of those old boys that gets better with age and stays until he is 35.

T

TOCC

the halfback position does seem to have a fair amount of longevity in it... Sam Cordingley and George Gregan are two of the few players who have remained within Australian Rugby well into their 30's

T

tranquility

I think as soon as Turner can get fit and stay fit, the position is his.

T

tranquility

Concur? Or were you in a Napoleanesque mood? Either way I appreciate the support.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
It seems David Harvey is only with Narbonne to replace an injured guy.
He has been authorized to miss training for the last two days and might be negociating with the Force.
When I asked to Narbonne CM if he could be leaving soon he didn't answered me the usual "No he is under contract" but "We encourage all our players to progress"!

Status
Not open for further replies.