• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs v Sharks, round 14, Saturday 16 May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Inside ball from Beale to Folau gets the Tahs to 1m out, but the Sharks steal. Some comedy from Phipps and the Sharks end up with a penalty.

Tahs forwards are just dominating the collisions. If the Tahs backs could get firing they could run up a huge score.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm surprised he didn't call the penalty about 20 secs earlier when Palu did the same thing?

T

TOCC

Poor discipline, they had the Sharks under pressure there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Nice break from Izzy, but that was silly from Robinson, they had the Tahs under pressure and could have had a 22m line out had he not come in from the side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's a fraction of the player he was in his pomp.

Silly play from Palu to follow it up, too.

Latu then penalised in the ensuing fracas from Palu reacting to Robinson's penalty. Nothing in that.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Tahs forwards are smashing the Sharks and the Sharks have missed a lot of tackles. The Tahs should be up by more, but at the same time the Sharks should have scored a try or two, particularly when Pietersen put down an intercept from a poor Tahs pass inside their own 22.

To top it off, Hoffman has made a few absolute clangers, you can argue that 6 points for the Tahs have come from Hoffman mistakes.

Weird game.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
WTF? Hoffman clearly said that if the Sharks kicked it out it was HT then let's the 'tahs take a lineout? Fuck me, if Berry or Jackson did that they'd get a virtual lynching.........

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
WTF? Hoffman clearly said that if the Sharks kicked it out it was HT then let's the 'tahs take a lineout? Fuck me, if Berry or Jackson did that they'd get a virtual lynching...

I hope I don't see Hoffman ref at this level again for a long time. His performance seriously is Berry-esque.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
71% advantage line for the Tahs, 15 missed tackles from the Sharks, Waratahs have nearly 300 running metres to about 70-odd. Tahs forwards are just rumbling over the Sharks and almost making half breaks at will.

And yet, the Tahs lead by 7, some of which were gifts from the ref and the Sharks have bombed a couple of tries.

This is just a freaking weird game. Don't know what to say.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
I hope I don't see Hoffman ref at this level again for a long time. His performance seriously is Berry-esque.

I'm betting that right now the PlanetRugby forum is being inundated by Bok-somethings & something-boks going off about it, imagine the meltdown had the 'tahs managed to score :)

Reactions: Ash

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wasn't Hoffman the referee during the double line debacle? He just changed his decision from the big screen..

I think Hoffman is incompetent, Berry is just corrupt.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Sharks kick off, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) drops the ball under pressure and the Sharks go wide and nearly score, just getting forced over the sideline a few metres out. Latu throws in long, the Sharks read it well but just can't regather and knock on.

From the scrum, Sharks go early again and get a penalty, but Foley fails to find touch.

Sharks run back, get forced back from good Tahs defence, Phipps takes the ball just inside the 22 and Folau clears. Refs rule outside.

Big screen replies say inside, and the refs overrule. Now, no problems with this. But this is the first game I have ever seen this happen.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Wasn't Hoffman the referee during the double line debacle? He just changed his decision from the big screen..

I think Hoffman is incompetent, Berry is just corrupt.

Yes, it was Hoffman. This game is bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.