• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs v Sharks, round 14, Saturday 16 May

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I think there may have been another honesty session yesterday

Ryan didn't shy from taking accountability for his role in their 18-11 loss.

"From my perspective there were too many scrum collapses when I was on the field," said Ryan who came on from the bench. "That is my role … to keep the scrum up, set a good platform for the backs. I think the forwards probably disappointed with our lineout ball in general.............................................

His candid assessment of his own performance last Saturday followed a forwards review meeting on Monday at the Waratahs' Moore Park headquarters.

Ryan could not explain how the Waratahs allowed the Force to dictate the game's terms, especially as the Force had defeated the title holders in round one similarly.

He said it was possible the Waratahs coaches might determine that "we spent too much time looking at the Force" in the lead-up to the game.

But it was disappointing the Waratahs had allowed themselves to be beaten by the Force "for three times in a row, now" over two seasons.

"They put us off playing our own game," Ryan said. "The most disappointing thing beyond the result and beyond any other aspect of the game was the fact that we didn't play the way we played the last 2½ and three years."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...mself-over-loss-to-force-20150511-ggz6b8.html

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I saw our friend Georgina tweeted that Potgeiter was on the sidelines at training this morning..

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Cheika has named a 11 man bench..

1. Robinson
2. Latu
3. Kepu
4. Skelton
5. Dennis
6. Hoiles
7.Hooper
8. Palu
9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Horne
12. Beale
13. Ashley-Cooper
14. Naiyaravoro
15. Folau

16. Roach
17. Tilse
18. Ryan
19. Chapman
20. Holloway
21. Dempsey
22. Gray
23. McCutcheon
24. McKibbin
25. Carraro
26. Betham

Absurd

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Same old same from the Tjarks:

Sharks:
15. Lwazi Mvovo, 14. Odwa Ndungane, 13. JP Pietersen, 12. Frans Steyn, 11. S'bura Sithole, 10. Lionel Cronje, 9. Stefan Ungerer, 8. Renaldo Bothma, 7. Etienne Oosthuizen, 6. Marcell Coetzee, 5. Marco Wentzel (captain), 4. Stephan Lewies, 3. Jannie du Plessis, 2. Bismarck du Plessis, 1. Tendai Mtawarira
Substitutes: 16. Franco Marais, 17. Dale Chadwick, 18. Lourens Adriaanse , 19. Mouritz Botha, 20. Kyle Cooper, 21. Conrad Hoffmann, 22. Andre Esterhuizen, 23. Waylon Murray

Sharks by 50.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Cheika has named a 11 man bench..

1. Robinson
2. Latu
3. Kepu
4. Skelton
5. Dennis
6. Hoiles
7.Hooper
8. Palu
9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Horne
12. Beale
13. Ashley-Cooper
14. Naiyaravoro
15. Folau

16. Roach
17. Tilse
18. Ryan
19. Chapman
20. Holloway
21. Dempsey
22. Gray
23. McCutcheon
24. McKibbin
25. Carraro
26. Betham

Absurd

Taf still not recovered. And he didn't even get a penalty for his troubles.

I suspect that the injury to Jackpot and the dodgy knee that Hooper has picked up means that McCutcheon might get a run at 7. If so, then Dempsey might get a run off the bench as insurance that Cutch doesn't have a 'mare. If Hooper is fit I expect both those names to drop off the list and Holloway and Gray to be the last two forwards to make the cut.

That is, if Jackpot is injured. Maybe Cheika thinks he needs a rest before the more difficult games, maybe he has spilled too much pill (he has been a serial offender this year) or maybe he doesn't want to play him against his new club. Fun to speculate.

D

daz

Come on, you Sharks. Do me a favour and beat the Tahs, and in return we will let you get a BP for losing within 7 to us when we play you.

;)

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Taf still not recovered. And he didn't even get a penalty for his troubles.

I suspect that the injury to Jackpot and the dodgy knee that Hooper has picked up means that McCutcheon might get a run at 7. If so, then Dempsey might get a run off the bench as insurance that Cutch doesn't have a 'mare. If Hooper is fit I expect both those names to drop off the list and Holloway and Gray to be the last two forwards to make the cut.

That is, if Jackpot is injured. Maybe Cheika thinks he needs a rest before the more difficult games, maybe he has spilled too much pill (he has been a serial offender this year) or maybe he doesn't want to play him against his new club. Fun to speculate.

I think the Tahs are playing with a few walking wounded at the moment.

I think Cheika needs to roll the dice and trust his squad

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Game on. Crowd numbers look a bit sparse.

Meat pie for Two Dads within a minute. No chance to pass, but I'll drink to that anyway.

NSW Waratahs 7 Shorks 0. 2 minutes gone.

D

daz

Why? I mean I know why but seriously you blew it last night, next to impossible make it now, rather cheer for the Aussie sides that can make it now :)

Finals are out, but we can still possibly finish above your lot.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Skelton has destroyed two Sharks mauls, but the second the Tahs were lucky as Palu walked around the side and collapsed it.

Tahs scrum getting destroyed, though.

Off a Latu overthrow Hooper makes a break then loses the ball cold.

And another penalty off a Tahs scrum.

T

TOCC

Waratahs scrum is really under pressure in this match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.