• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs v Sharks, round 14, Saturday 16 May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Tahs run out of numbers on defence.
Shorks Meat to F Steyn. Converted and score is now Tahs 20 Shorks 18.

Tahs not looking like a Premiership contender.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
That Sharks throw was not straight, right in front of Hoffman. He got Hoiles' knock on, though.

Steyn in under the posts. Inept attack from the Sharks, then they finally find the Tahs way short on the left and they stroll through after some nice offloads.

Beale with a dishonourable mention for not even trying to defend, instead looking for an intercept.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
To be fair, the leadup to that try came from a Sharks throw that wasn't straight, missed by Hoffman.

Most of the points in this game have come after Hoffman errors.

Beale counters, finally recovers one of his chips this year but is instantly forced into touch.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Tahs have turned down a couple of 40m to 45m penalty shots this game to go for the lineouts.

Beale slips into a tackle, and Hoffman calls high. Not sure on that, there was absolutely nothing the defender could do. But, the Tahs will take a shot from nearly in front.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Surely that should be a penalty to the Sharks for the lifters dropping AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) off the kickoff?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Sharks lineout is a complete mess.

They lose another one on their throw, this one 15m from the Tahs line.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
That was a Latu knock on on the second or third go? Or was I seeing things?

Sharks steal, Steyn grubbers ahead, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) cleans up.

Sharks are finding heaps of space but are chipping and grubbering away all ball as soon as they see the last defender.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Thought the one from Latu was initially forward off the knees, then backwards off the hands.

Bernard kicks another PK to take score to 26 to 18 but Shorks get a meat pie in the corner in reply.

No shoulder charge. But fair try. Hurry up and get on with it.

TMO rules knee in touch. Tough call.

Score stays 26 - 18 after 70 minutes.

Jack Dempsey runs on for his Tahs debut. Well done that lad.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Another "tough call" from the Kafe. I no longer know or care about the rules of this drinking game so I'm just gonna drink & take my chances on being right.......

Try Sharks, please. Karma demands it. Mind you, George Ayoub's the TMO so anything could happen. Try or penalty try, surely, no arms from Beale. HTF did they see an arm in that "tackle"? Not convinced about the knee on the line bit but OK, then you go back to the no-arm tackle, don't Ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.