• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2025

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I don't know where the Champion comes from but de Crespigny was a 80s/90s mining dude wasn't he? Normandy I think.

Froggy

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Yes, Robert Champion De Crespigny was a Melbourne mining mogel of French background who founded Normandy mining and got an AC. Is he a relation of this guy?

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Yes, Robert Champion De Crespigny was a Melbourne mining mogel of French background who founded Normandy mining and got an AC. Is he a relation of this guy?
You would have to assume so wouldn't you? Edit I just did a bit of background, Nick was schooled in Canberra but Robert is tied to Melbourne Grammar. However, Robert was on several boards based in Canberra including the National Art Gallery, and from what I can gather called Adelaide home (he is now in the UK). I can't find any reference to who is children are.

Last edited:

Golden Era

Frank Row (1)
Newbie on here. All this Wallabies positivity has got me excited to talk Wallabies and Waratahs.
I have heard some movements have happened under the radar at the Waratahs.
Harry Johnson Homes has left to go to another Australian Franchise.
Pauli T signed a deal in Japan weeks ago.

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
Will be sad to see Harry Johnson Holmes go, but at this point my aspirations for him would be as a replacement rather than a starter. Hopefully this means the Tahs have signed a top prop or two to replace him.

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
Newbie on here. All this Wallabies positivity has got me excited to talk Wallabies and Waratahs.
I have heard some movements have happened under the radar at the Waratahs.
Harry Johnson Homes has left to go to another Australian Franchise.
Pauli T signed a deal in Japan weeks ago.
That's a shame. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) always struck me a the kind of guy you'd like to have around in a squad.

Any word on specifically where he's off to?

Adding his name to the list and you really have a genuine turnover of all the old guard happening.

Last edited:

Wilson

Phil Kearns (64)
That's a shame. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes) always struck me a the kind of guy you'd like to have around in a squad.

Any word on specifically where he's off to?

Adding his name to the list and you really have a genuine turnover off all the old guard happening.
The rumour is the Force

Homer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The rumour is the Force
Really! They need better scrummagers than HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) to fix their problems, especially after Medrano has gone. At least Robertson will be back. If i was them i wouldve gone for Gibbon or Talakai, or both

Wilson

Phil Kearns (64)
Really! They need better scrummagers than HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes) to fix their problems, especially after Medrano has gone. At least Robertson will be back. If i was them i wouldve gone for Gibbon or Talakai, or both
They are also in talks with at least Pone Fa'amausili, possibly others. The reality is they need a couple of props and Harry Johnson-Holmes (who is more than capable at this level) would definitely be an improvement on their current squad

Agent

Billy Sheehan (19)
Is Hugh Sinclair signed up for 2025? I heard a whisper he might not go around for the Tahs next year. After loosing Swinton, Hanigan, and Hollaway it would be a huge shame. While he is not likely to crack the Wallaby setup Sinclair is a good honest toiler and an asset to the Tahs.

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
Is Hugh Sinclair signed up for 2025? I heard a whisper he might not go around for the Tahs next year. After loosing Swinton, Hanigan, and Hollaway it would be a huge shame. While he is not likely to crack the Wallaby setup Sinclair is a good honest toiler and an asset to the Tahs.
Please don't tell me he's off to The Force also? Feels like Cron's pulling in all his old charges.