• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2025

Agent

Watty Friend (18)
Is Hugh Sinclair signed up for 2025? I heard a whisper he might not go around for the Tahs next year. After loosing Swinton, Hanigan, and Hollaway it would be a huge shame. While he is not likely to crack the Wallaby setup Sinclair is a good honest toiler and an asset to the Tahs.

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
Is Hugh Sinclair signed up for 2025? I heard a whisper he might not go around for the Tahs next year. After loosing Swinton, Hanigan, and Hollaway it would be a huge shame. While he is not likely to crack the Wallaby setup Sinclair is a good honest toiler and an asset to the Tahs.
Please don't tell me he's off to The Force also? Feels like Cron's pulling in all his old charges.

Agent

Watty Friend (18)
Please don't tell me he's off to The Force also? Feels like Cron's pulling in all his old charges.
No the suggestion I got was retirement. I’ve just checked and he is only 31 so hopefully he has a year or 2 left in him yet. He should make the most of it because you’re a long time retired from footy!

Last edited:

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Can’t argue with that. A victim of the Rob Penney talent ID program.
Hard to blame letting Williams go on Penney, given he was still at the tahs for 2022 when Coleman had already taken over as coach.

Seems much more likely he was a victim of Coleman's inability to build a balanced squad, and his vacillation between chasing size at the expense of efficacy and signing a million not quite lock, not quite backrowers.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Hard to blame letting Williams go on Penney, given he was still at the tahs for 2022 when Coleman had already taken over as coach.

Seems much more likely he was a victim of Coleman's inability to build a balanced squad, and his vacillation between chasing size at the expense of efficacy and signing a million not quite lock, not quite backrowers.
You are probably more right than me, I think he left during the season in 2022, probably a sign of the cumulative discontent at the Tahs. Neither coach achieved much.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
You are probably more right than me, I think he left during the season in 2022, probably a sign of the cumulative discontent at the Tahs. Neither coach achieved much.
He was with the tahs for the entire 23 season and played their final game that year (Quarter final vs the chiefs). His signing for the Force was announced around 3 weeks later.

There is plenty of things you can blame Penney for, but losing Williams falls squarely with Coleman. He was part of what looked to be a clean out in the locks as Coleman looked to mold the side into the shape he wanted.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I’m not that fussed who‘s feet it lays at, neither are there anymore thankfully. You are correct technically but I think it was announced, or at least rumoured, he was leaving well before that QF. I’d say there is a strong chance he wants to return to Sydney, if he wasn’t in the Wallabies he would have been playing for Easts this weekend.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
He probably thought he'd get more game time at the Force, and he was right. I don't remember his departure from the Tahs being particularly lamented at the time.
There were definitely some outside the organization/tahs fans suggesting they might have screwed up by loosing both Williams and Douglas at once, but internally everyone was riding the feel good wave of that season and showing a bit of blind faith in a rookie super coach.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
There were definitely some outside the organization/tahs fans suggesting they might have screwed up by loosing both Williams and Douglas at once, but internally everyone was riding the feel good wave of that season and showing a bit of blind faith in a rookie super coach.
I think most were lamenting the loss of Douglas more then Williams but definitely losing both at the same time

Mr Pilfer

Jim Clark (26)
I’m not that fussed who‘s feet it lays at, neither are there anymore thankfully. You are correct technically but I think it was announced, or at least rumoured, he was leaving well before that QF. I’d say there is a strong chance he wants to return to Sydney, if he wasn’t in the Wallabies he would have been playing for Easts this weekend.
He is the captain of the force and they are building the squad around him, his signing is a formality, just needs to be announced. (I hope )

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
He is the captain of the force and they are building the squad around him, his signing is a formality, just needs to be announced. (I hope )
Have to admit I did forget he was captain. Stranger things have happened though. I’m good with him staying there, I was more just curious if he was contemplating a move back, but I wonder what locks we are targeting otherwise.

Homer

Fred Wood (13)
HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) to the force and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) adding to the 300 Wallaby 2nd rowers at QLD. The Waratahs are radioactive, no one wants to touch them.
How can RA allow QLD to have Blyth, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Smith and Canham??? Even the Brumbies need some new 2nd rowers. NSW has one.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes) to the force and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) adding to the 300 Wallaby 2nd rowers at QLD. The Waratahs are radioactive, no one wants to touch them.
How can RA allow QLD to have Blyth, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Smith and Canham??? Even the Brumbies need some new 2nd rowers. NSW has one.

Has LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) actually signed anywhere yet?

scrans21

Ward Prentice (10)
HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes) to the force and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) adding to the 300 Wallaby 2nd rowers at QLD. The Waratahs are radioactive, no one wants to touch them.
How can RA allow QLD to have Blyth, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Smith and Canham??? Even the Brumbies need some new 2nd rowers. NSW has one.
Wouldn't surprise me if Blyth moves away now that he's a capped Wallaby but will have to compete for gametime at super level. Then again, the Brumbies have managed to balance a rotation of Hooper, Frost, Swain and Neville pretty well over the last few years so it's definitely possible.