• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2025

Froggy

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
If we thought last year was bad, 2025 could be a whole new level. With only Holtz and Botha at THP, neither of who have really established themselves as being at Super Rugby level yet (at least they're both young), One lock in Amatosero, a 21 year-old who is also at that level, and two veteran journeyman in Sinclair and Lee-Warner to cover 5 and 6, with no significant signings this looks diabolical.
The Tahs management really need to have a long hard look at themselves, this is a club that ten years ago was the best Super rugby side in the southern hemisphere, reduced to not much more than a Shute Shield team.
I will continue to be a supporter, have a lot of great mates who wore this jumper forty-odd years ago, but to destroy the culture to the point where half the team are looking for a way out, and nobody else is prepared to come on board, even with their own team liquidated, reflects very poorly on management,

Marce

Peter Sullivan (51)
Is Hugh Sinclair signed up for 2025? I heard a whisper he might not go around for the Tahs next year. After loosing Swinton, Hanigan, and Hollaway it would be a huge shame. While he is not likely to crack the Wallaby setup Sinclair is a good honest toiler and an asset to the Tahs.
Are there still any players left for 2025?

Rugby Head

Watty Friend (18)
If we thought last year was bad, 2025 could be a whole new level. With only Holtz and Botha at THP, neither of who have really established themselves as being at Super Rugby level yet (at least they're both young), One lock in Amatosero, a 21 year-old who is also at that level, and two veteran journeyman in Sinclair and Lee-Warner to cover 5 and 6, with no significant signings this looks diabolical.
The Tahs management really need to have a long hard look at themselves, this is a club that ten years ago was the best Super rugby side in the southern hemisphere, reduced to not much more than a Shute Shield team.
I will continue to be a supporter, have a lot of great mates who wore this jumper forty-odd years ago, but to destroy the culture to the point where half the team are looking for a way out, and nobody else is prepared to come on board, even with their own team liquidated, reflects very poorly on management,
Looking very grim... Fingers crossed Tupou signs. Perhaps look at bringing home Harry Hockings?

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Don’t stress Froggy, it will get better. Just remember your mates played for a representative team, and it was effectively NSW origin back then. Times have changed, the NSW leather elbow patch dudes couldn’t ever get their head around the team becoming professional and did not adapt. Hopefully (emphasis on that word) the transfer of the professional outfit to RA will overcome this in due course. I have faith, NSW rugby will be the envy of all soon enough.

Agent

Watty Friend (18)
@RugbyReg put this list up at the start of this thread on May 6th. I have updated and 2 months on and there next to no positivity in terms of signings, infact Simon Raiwalui and Dan McKellar are the only new signings I know of and they won't be pulling the boots on!! A couple more have jumped from the sinking ship. Queensland and the Force seem to be announcing new signings left right and centre, but nothing from the Tahs. 2024 might be a walk in the park compared to 2025 the way Tah management is going which is very sad.

NSW Waratahs 2025

Dan McKellar – Head Coach
TBC – Assistant Coach (attack)
TBC – Assistant Coach (defence)
TBC – Assistant Coach

Hooker:
Dave Porecki - 2026 Didn't play in 2024 or very limited minutes

Prop:
Angus Bell - 2027
Hayden Thomson-Stringer - 2025
Archer Holz - ??? Didn't play in 2024 or very limited minutes

Lock:
Fergus Lee-Warner - 2025
Hugh Sinclair - ???

Backrow:
Langi Gleeson - 2025
Charlie Gamble - 2026

Scrumhalf:
Jake Gordon - 2025

Flyhalf:

Centre:
Lalakai Foketi - 2025
Joseph Sua'ali'i - 2027

Wing:
Dylan Pietsch - 2025
Vuate Karawalevu - 2025 Didn't play in 2024 or very limited minutes

Fullback:
Max Jorgensen - 2026
Andrew Kellaway - 2027

Unsigned:
Mahe Vailanu - ??? Should be resigned ASAP
Theo Fourie - 2024 Didn't play in 2024 or very limited minutes
Dan Botha - 2024 Didn't play in 2024 or very limited minutes
Tom Ross - 2024
Tom Lambert - 2024 Should be resigned ASAP
Miles Amatosero - 2024 Should be resigned ASAP
Ned Slack-Smith - 2024 Didn't play in 2024 or very limited minutes
Mesu Kunavula - 2024 Didn't play in 2024 or very limited minutes
Jack Grant - 2024
Teddy Wilson - 2024 Should be resigned ASAP
Jack Bowen - ??? Should be resigned ASAP
Tane Edmed - 2024 Should be resigned ASAP
Joey Walton - ??? Should be resigned ASAP
Triston Reilly - 2024

CONFIRMED GONE:
Izaia Perese - Leicester
Lachie Swinton - Bordeaux
Mark Nawaqanitawase - Roosters
Harry Wilson - Dragons RFC
Mosese Tuipulotu - Edinburgh
Will Harrison - Japan
Ned Hanigan - France
Harry Johnson-Holmes - Force
Jed Holloway - France

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I suspect there is a bit going on behind the scenes. Note that the Brumbies have also been very quiet with their player movements. This centralization thing might actually be a thing.
Yeah, what some could consider to total cluster f*ck, others may consider an opportunity to get playing minutes, whilst the more established maybe looking for extra $$$ to compensate for the cluster f*ck

As to the props, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) had the ability to stay healthy and that is/was a major bonus, but our other THPs did pretty well as did the LHPs & hookers, they just need to stay healthy

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
A number of those "unsigned guys" would have a contract in place, it just hasn't been announced yet. I know at least one member of that list has happily signed-up for next year

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
At least the obituary styling is a bit more appropriate for a departure:
1721104600703.jpeg