• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2025

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
3 year term is a good to see, he's going to need a decent runway to get the tahs back to something reasonable and hopefully build some enduring stability.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
3 year term is a good to see, he's going to need a decent runway to get the tahs back to something reasonable and hopefully build some enduring stability.

that runway is called “the Hume highway”

totally expecting DM to recruit some of the current players he is responsible for developing down in the ACT

Jimmyjam

Watty Friend (18)
that runway is called “the Hume highway”

totally expecting DM to recruit some of the current players he is responsible for developing down in the ACT
That would be surprising as there are so many off contract from the rebels roster he would have to pick up first

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
Waratahs infographic intern producing obituaries
IMG_0570.jpeg

WoodysRFC

Stan Wickham (3)
I'm doubtful their contracts cover any such scenario of playing in a foreign competition for another organisation. Not to mention whose paying for all the players living abroad costs?
Yeah, I hear you. In this purely hypothetical situation, the union* would cover the cost of accommodation, travel etc for this 11 week competition, as they already do for their currently contracted players. As for contracts allowing playing in foreign competitions, this may not be the case now, but I'm sure this could be included into any future contracts, plus a certain additional bonus payment for those keen to take up a spot in an NPC team. I'd imagine a situation where each Aus Super team has a partnership with a handful of NZ NPC teams. Southland as an example are already partnered with Toyota Verblitz which sees a handful of their players playing in our local club comp. This agreement was made purely because Toyota felt their fringe sqaudies needed more game time. Sounds familiar.

*by union - I mean the local NZ union, re, BOP, Canterbury etc.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Real graphic design is my passion areas.

It's actually quite amazing. They've included three different photos of McKellar, kept a Brumbies logo in there and had McKellar shouting at himself.

It presumably took quite a while to put together and I have no idea what they were going for.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
And is that a Brumbreeze logo I see in the opaque bit under his head?

This is genuinely amazing. The original photo for this one looks to be this.

1720155902051.png

But then they've layered that over the top of the main image so the Brumbies logo is floating out over his neck?!?

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Feels a bit like after copping flack for posting the Raiwalui appointment with a photo of him in a Fiji shirt they've tried (badly) to cover up other teams logos in the graphic and it hasn't gone well.