• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2025

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)

giphy.gif

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
Given the state of the squad and how late he has been appointed - he almost needs a mulligan for year 1.
There is almost no expectation from many I assume. Losing to the Tahs next year should be thoroughly embarrassing.

Pre Season world champs though.

Wonder if over the next couple of season we'll see any players from the ACT find their way to NSW....

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
There is almost no expectation from many I assume. Losing to the Tahs next year should be thoroughly embarrassing.

Pre Season world champs though.

Wonder if over the next couple of season we'll see any players from the ACT find their way to NSW....
It's always interesting to see what draw a coach has for their former players, but it could also be former Brumbies who've moved on the past few years that McKellar draws in - Pete Samu, Folau Fainga'a, Irae Simone, Scott Sio, Tom Banks, Rory and Ritchie Arnold, Joe Powell, Isaak Fines, Bayley Kuenzle and Reesjan Pasitoa might all be targets. That said a lot of those players don't have a lot of time left in their careers.

McKellar's might also be kicking himself for signing Perese right now, but if it was driven by him he may look to get him back at the end of his contract with Leicester (assuming he can pry him away from Cheika).

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
It's always interesting to see what draw a coach has for their former players, but it could also be former Brumbies who've moved on the past few years that McKellar draws in - Pete Samu, Folau Fainga'a, Irae Simone, Scott Sio, Tom Banks, Rory and Ritchie Arnold, Joe Powell, Isaak Fines, Bayley Kuenzle and Reesjan Pasitoa might all be targets. That said a lot of those players don't have a lot of time left in their careers.

McKellar's might also be kicking himself for signing Perese right now, but if it was driven by him he may look to get him back at the end of his contract with Leicester (assuming he can pry him away from Cheika).
Give my left nut for those four.

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yeah, this is something I'd have thought should have been done years ago. RA covers the player wages, and NZR can offload some player contracts for those who are simply no more than club rugby standard.
RA can barelly cover everything else they need to cover. Not sure that this would stack up economically for them. Personally I think a 3rd teir attached to the existing Super is likely the best solution with what we have to work with (heck the players are already contracted and getting paid). Have the squads sans the Internationals playing a comp with all the developmental/pathway players getting game time. If you want to get cute have some NPC crossover games or best of clubland play best of the not-yet-Super teams.

WoodysRFC

Stan Wickham (3)
RA can barelly cover everything else they need to cover. Not sure that this would stack up economically for them. Personally I think a 3rd teir attached to the existing Super is likely the best solution with what we have to work with (heck the players are already contracted and getting paid). Have the squads sans the Internationals playing a comp with all the developmental/pathway players getting game time. If you want to get cute have some NPC crossover games or best of clubland play best of the not-yet-Super teams.
So they'd already be contracted and being paid to play in the NPC, minus the expense of running a money losing domestic competition.

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
So they'd already be contracted and being paid to play in the NPC, minus the expense of running a money losing domestic competition.
I'm doubtful their contracts cover any such scenario of playing in a foreign competition for another organisation. Not to mention whose paying for all the players living abroad costs?