• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2025

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Well, we have the cleanout and an upgrade across the board

I remember listening to a post retirement interview with Tom Carter, enthusiasm and driven were the words that come to mind

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Is Catt getting a ARU top-up? Why would he leave a well-paid gig with the number 2 team in the world, who play in front of huge crowds to move to Daceyville with the worst performing SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) (Super Rugby Pacific) team who struggle to get crowds in 5 figures?

Reporting has been that he's been keen to move to Australia for sometime:
It’s believed Catt has long harboured an interest in returning to Australia in a coaching capacity and sees the Waratahs as a destination for his family.

Lots of reasons to give up international coaching for super too, not least of which is the travel burden. But it's also an opportunity to try different things out in a lower pressure environment where you can iterate faster. Aside from a player coaching role at London Irish as he finished his playing career he's only been involved in international setups. If he wants to transition into head coaching or just take his craft to the next level this will be beneficial experience for him.

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
Is Catt getting a ARU top-up? Why would he leave a well-paid gig with the number 2 team in the world, who play in front of huge crowds to move to Daceyville with the worst performing SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) (Super Rugby Pacific) team who struggle to get crowds in 5 figures?
Because he had the role that Johnny Sexton wants next year

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
I enjoyed London Irish's attack when he was there. He'll have a not unsimilar backline to work with too.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
Big chance he may like the lifestyle move to Aus. No shortage of Brits and Irish in Sydney's East.

McAfferey is by fair the junior but you have to believe DM wouldn't bring him in if he didn't see something.

Good signs. Still not going to predict a sudden top 4 finish but the base is being put together for what can hopefully be a build back over the next couple of seasons. Different vibe no doubt when these guys give a free agent a call over what was there 3 months ago.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Tom Carter is back!
cyclofb.png

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The most unathletic player now the head of athletic performance lol

I have always thought that those who didn't have all the natural skills made some of the best coaches

They regularly test themselves against the best, whilst any combination of crying, running and vomiting has become synonymous with their Triple Crown success.

Across their countless success over the past 12 months, the players were quick to credit Carter's influence in turning the program around. ....................

“I think having that mentality has players working for each other so this pre-season has probably been one of the hardest ones I’ve done. A few tears, mostly every day, but it’s good that TC pushed us because most of us didn’t believe we could have pushed as much as we did and I think that’s how we got the outcomes.”

I have a feeling that preseason is going to suck