• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2025

pnut

Charlie Fox (21)
Surely - but Lambert off contract and Barrett is a development academy so not realllllly apples with apples. Hopefully they can keep Lambert - but that would mean HTS REALLY needs to move to the THP fulltime.
Who plays 2nd grade. Potential yes not yet. Tahs shouldn’t be a development side

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
Lancaster overrated, how’s he get all these big wraps ? He played one decent game where he scored three try’s this season, done nothing really for the rest of the season. Debuts against a C grade side against the wallabies, plays rubbish and wont play again with them for the rest of the season. Be lucky to make first grade in Shute shield
Nice to see one of the Reilly fam join GAGR.

6’2, 95kg 21 year old who had the same measurables as Toole in M/s speed with the 7s program.

Think he’s rated about right with a lot more development ahead of him.

Last edited:

Qwertyrick

Frank Row (1)
Nice to see one of the Reilly fam join GAGR.

6’2, 95kg 21 year old who had the same measurables as Toole in M/s speed with the 7s program.

Think he’s rated about right with a lot more development ahead of him.

He hasn’t done anything in the game and some how starts over pietsch against a C grade side last game for the wallabies. Did not perform! Over hyped with all these big wraps, explains why he wasn’t picked for these next few games

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
He hasn’t done anything in the game and some how starts over pietsch against a C grade side last game for the wallabies. Did not perform! Over hyped with all these big wraps, explains why he wasn’t picked for these next few games
Forum version of a tantrum.

I like Pietsch a lot but he hasn’t really shown he’s a legitimate Test Winger at any point. Decent pro but that’s about his ceiling.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Forum version of a tantrum.

I like Pietsch a lot but he hasn’t really shown he’s a legitimate Test Winger at any point. Decent pro but that’s about his ceiling.
Yeah agreed and they brought in Koro and Toole, Lancaster got a taste, now knows the standard it was a good call to play him, he has all the right mixture to be honest I wanted him at the Brumbies

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yeah agreed and they brought in Koro and Toole, Lancaster got a taste, now knows the standard it was a good call to play him, he has all the right mixture to be honest I wanted him at the Brumbies
It was a shock to see him run down so easily, odd for an ex 7's player where speed is nearly everything.
I'm hoping Koro and Toole are the wingers this Saturday.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)

The NSW Waratahs are excited to announce their formation and structure of their coaching and high performance team for 2025.

With Dan McKellar joining the club as Head Coach for the next three years, he will be ably supported by new assistant coaches in Mike Catt OBE, Dan Palmer, and Lachlan McCaffrey.

Catt OBE, who played 75 Tests for England in a distinguished playing career, will be the Assistant Coach for attack. After retiring from playing, the 2003 World Cup winner has enhanced the attack for London Irish, England, Italy, and Ireland.

Palmer will be the Assistant Coach for set piece. Palmer has worked with McKellar previously at the ACT Brumbies and the Leicester Tigers, and has coached Australia A. Palmer has also donned the sky blue jersey as a player from 2008-10 and played for the Wallabies in 2012.

McCaffrey, another former Waratah, will be the Assistant Coach for defence. McCaffrey was mentored by McKellar during his time with the Brumbies, and has also experienced the different playing styles in the UK, Japan, and America. Since transitioning into coaching, McCaffrey has been the Assistant Coach for Otago and the Head Coach for the Gungahlin Eagles.

The Waratahs high performance team has also been restructured, with former club legend Tom Carter taking over as the Head of Athletic Performance after overseeing the athletic performance program for the hugely successful Australian Women’s Sevens team for the last five and a half years.

All coaching and high performance staff have signed on for at least three years.

“We’re thrilled to have acquired such a well-credentialed and experienced group of individuals to lead our club forward,” Director of High Performance Simon Raiwalui said.

“The process encompassed talent identification and analysis domestically and internationally and I’m confident that these men will each make a positive impact on the Waratahs.

“Our players will be blessed with elite guidance and expertise to progress their careers and bring on-field success to our members and fans.”

The Waratahs would also like to pay tribute to the contributions of outgoing Assistant Coaches Chris Whitaker and Pauli Taumoepeau, Head of Athletic Performance Nick Lumley, and physiotherapists Cam Dyer and Alan Robinson.​

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
That seems a pretty good unit.

McCaffrey’s CV is the lightest but with McKellar and Catt to defer to you’d think it’ll be a good environment for him to develop. But McKellar, Palmer and Catt all have the experience to run a very good program.

If some of the stories about Tom Carter are true they’ll be fit.

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
Tom Carter taking over as the Head of Athletic Performance after overseeing the athletic performance program for the hugely successful Australian Women’s Sevens team for the last five and a half years.
Should be a decent season from Tahs at last. I thought the women's 7's were short in physical performance as the USA semi showed very painfully.

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
It could have been as much a psychological issue.
I agree but they were out-muscled as well as psyched out of it. I thought they were a great gold or silver prospect. I hope he can do great things for the Tahs as they missed a few games last year they should have won.

Homer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Is Catt getting a ARU top-up? Why would he leave a well-paid gig with the number 2 team in the world, who play in front of huge crowds to move to Daceyville with the worst performing SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) team who struggle to get crowds in 5 figures?

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
Is Catt getting a ARU top-up? Why would he leave a well-paid gig with the number 2 team in the world, who play in front of huge crowds to move to Daceyville with the worst performing SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) (Super Rugby Pacific) team who struggle to get crowds in 5 figures?
25 will be very interesting. I am looking forward to it - -- - - -Same as every bloody year before the boots hit the fields...