• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2025

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Would be great to get some sort of update on Porecki. A chronic Achilles issue in your 30s doesn't sound ideal.
That plus his concussion history make it look really touch and go as to whether he plays on next year, or even again at the top level. I imagine he is taking all the time he can to get right and back on the field before making a call, but the longer that takes the less likely his return looks.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
Somehow fallen backwards into a premium coaching team. The Roar is reporting Mike Catt as attack coach, Lachlan McAffery as defence coach and Dan Palmer as scrum coach
Mcafferey played his best footy under DM. Just coached Gungahlin to the JID Prem last season?

RA doing "living within their means" well
Would Mcafferey and Palmer really cost all that much? LM is coming from a Club side just like Pauli Taumopeau did and Palmer has been an assistant only from what I know.

Not as if they have gone and signed Ledesma or a former HC. From what I can see Catt has been a career Attack Coach post playing but I imagine wouldn't be the cheapest coming out of the Irish set up.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Hopefully Mike Catt will be able to teach some of his skills from his playing days to the Tahs backs

VIknvng.gif

Mick The Munch

Cyril Towers (30)
Be interesting to see how Rebs players settle at their main competitor, no love lost between the 2 teams, maybe that’s why they’re only 1 year contracts.
Rest my case "“I wanted to see if there was a chance to go back to the Reds,” Tupou added. “[But] they’ve got Zane Nonggorr, who has just signed, and there’s another young prop there too, so there’s no point in going back there"

Source - the Roar - https://www.theroar.com.au/2024/08/...eturn-but-two-key-waratahs-talked-him-around/

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Rest my case "“I wanted to see if there was a chance to go back to the Reds,” Tupou added. “[But] they’ve got Zane Nonggorr, who has just signed, and there’s another young prop there too, so there’s no point in going back there"

Source - the Roar - https://www.theroar.com.au/2024/08/...eturn-but-two-key-waratahs-talked-him-around/

They are all existing contracts that had one year left to run.

I fully expect some of them won't re-sign with the Waratahs but the suggestion that they would only agree to a one year contract isn't accurate.

Qwertyrick

Frank Row (1)
Darby Lancaster confirmed! Back line sorted...... just need 2 Props, a Lock or 2 plus 2 Back rowers locked down
Lancaster overrated, how’s he get all these big wraps ? He played one decent game where he scored three try’s this season, done nothing really for the rest of the season. Debuts against a C grade side against the wallabies, plays rubbish and wont play again with them for the rest of the season. Be lucky to make first grade in Shute shield

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
Plus, he's probably not on very much money, with this being his first contract in pro 15s. If he doesn't pan out, the Tahs aren't really worse off.
But I think he has a lot of upside still.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
With Kailea at the Tahs - pretty heavy on the LHP, with Bell, Lambert and HTS in place, and Bartlett the developing. The most important questions is who is getting Talakai, Pone & Eloff, as the Tahs and Force both need more THP and the Force need a bit more muscle.

Oopps correction - IS lambert still going to be there? Plus, based on the stocks, seems HTS would be better focusing on THP

LHP: Bell, Kailea, Bartlett
THP: Thor, HTS, Holz

Bringing Dobbins as hooker is interseting also, didn't think there was that bad depth available (with Heaven & fonokalafi), unless some have left. I sincerely hope that keep Vailanu.

HK: Porecki, Vailanu, Dobbins

pnut

Charlie Fox (21)
With Kailea at the Tahs - pretty heavy on the LHP, with Bell, Lambert and HTS in place, and Bartlett the developing. The most important questions is who is getting Talakai, Pone & Eloff, as the Tahs and Force both need more THP and the Force need a bit more muscle.

Oopps correction - IS lambert still going to be there? Plus, based on the stocks, seems HTS would be better focusing on THP

LHP: Bell, Kailea, Bartlett
THP: Thor, HTS, Holz

Bringing Dobbins as hooker is interseting also, didn't think there was that bad depth available (with Heaven & fonokalafi), unless some have left. I sincerely hope that keep Vailanu.

HK: Porecki, Vailanu, Dobbins
Lambert would be ahead of Barrett surely.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Lambert would be ahead of Barrett surely.
Surely - but Lambert off contract and Barrett is a development academy so not realllllly apples with apples. Hopefully they can keep Lambert - but that would mean HTS REALLY needs to move to the THP fulltime.

Caputo

Ted Thorn (20)
Be daring pick a 4th Hooker from Under 20's Ottavio Tuipulotu. Don't just go like the NBA draft prospects with 'one and done'