• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2025

Wallaby Man

Nev Cottrell (35)
It is a little concerning these players only signing for a year with pre-existing deals with RA. Think a lot will be heading overseas after 2025 and squads might be weakest has been in pro era

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It is a little concerning these players only signing for a year with pre-existing deals with RA. Think a lot will be heading overseas after 2025 and squads might be weakest has been in pro era

They are not really signing new contracts. They're just agreeing to complete their existing contract with the Waratahs.

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
Maybe. RA will have a lot more money by this time next year, and will be planning for a WC.

If I was a player I'd much rather be negotiating my next two year deal under those circumstances

Rob42

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Leota signed a few hours ago and no mention.
No mention, except social media posts by the Tahs and Christy Doran, a story on rugby.com.au, and an update on the Tahs contract page? If you're waiting for a story on SMH, probably will take a while given those journos are on strike.

scrans21

Ward Prentice (10)
Tahs forward pack is actually shaping up nicely now. Assuming Holloway is gone, your pack could look like:

1. Bell
2. Porecki
3. Tupou
4. Grant
5. Amatasero
6. Leota
7. Gamble
8. Gleeson

16. Vailanu
17. Thomson-Stringer
18. Talakai?
19. Smith
20. Slack-Smith

Mick The Munch

Cyril Towers (30)
Be interesting to see how Rebs players settle at their main competitor, no love lost between the 2 teams, maybe that’s why they’re only 1 year contracts.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Tahs forward pack is actually shaping up nicely now. Assuming Holloway is gone, your pack could look like:

1. Bell
2. Porecki
3. Tupou
4. Grant
5. Amatasero
6. Leota
7. Gamble
8. Gleeson

16. Vailanu
17. Thomson-Stringer
18. Talakai?
19. Smith
20. Slack-Smith

Lambert is also a very good prop, as is Tom Ross

I will reiterate, the Tah's prop stocks (and hooker stocks ie Julian Heaven) are pretty good, they just all got injured

Wallaby Man

Nev Cottrell (35)
No mention, except social media posts by the Tahs and Christy Doran, a story on rugby.com.au, and an update on the Tahs contract page? If you're waiting for a story on SMH, probably will take a while given those journos are on strike.
No it took several hours for someone to comment on here.