• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2025

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
If he's been the attack coach he has to go. It's a School Boy designed approach of Crash Ball, Crash Ball spread it then repeat in the other direction if it hasn't been dropped by then. Best option has been a Gordon intercept.

I was hoping he was just given a sympathy job like Alfie and the Broncos but then again how could the Tahs pay this besides letting him put last years kit on Ebay.

McKellar has a lot to do and right now it's probably (I hope) about assembling as competitive a squad as possible. Some staff may go around again due to availability of others and 2026 is when he gets the pieces together.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yeah he's overseen some back-lines with pretty good talent that have never, ever clicked for more than parts of a game.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Disagree, he has been a key cog in the underperformance of our attack together with the influence of what players were signed
Aside from the fact that it has been pretty widely reported that for most of his time Coleman was driving the attack and overall strategy as head coach above and beyond any of the assistants, I don't see how the assistant coach in charge of attack has more impact on the franchise as a whole as the CEO.

Whitaker may well be moved on, this year, next year or in a bit more time, but he may also slot well into what is otherwise an entirely new high performance setup, from GM all the way down to S&C and there is still value to be extracted there in bridging the gap between old and new. At this point though it looks like he's hanging around because McKellar and/or Raiwalui still want him there, if they didn't there's no reason to hang onto him.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Doesn't it say everything that in the last couple of seasons our Super teams are having to head overseas to get more footy?
I guess it's not going to be more shellackings at the hands of the Kiwis at least.

It's not the same as a purely domestic comp, but at least it's some more game time, which is one of the biggest complaints here on GAGR - that after Super Rugby finishes, there's no games for the Super Rugby non-wallabies.