• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2025

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
Do love the Lancaster signing but he won't get much good ball if they can't figure out the pack. Couple established players away from at least being a squad capable of getting a losing BP.

I think Amatosero has a heap of upside for a guy his age. Try and find a durable veteran to get in there like Caderyn Neville. Lee-Warner is there but could be used in the backrow as well

Backrow becomes less concerning if Leota does land and those whispers of Wilkin did as well. Gleeson, Gamble, Leota, Wilkin, Slack-Smith. Not a deep group but if fit can be effective.

The ITM cup might be filling a few Tahs jerseys.

Homer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
SO ow we have Lancaster, jorgo, kellaway, pietsche, reilly, Sua'ali'i. One of them will have to move into OC. Would love to see Sua'ali'i terrifying defence up close but then, getting a good run-up from fullback would be insane.

Our lineout and scrum are still very weak and there is nothing running around in the Shute Shield. Maybe we could ask Qld for a lone of the 5th ranked 2nd row.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
Is Holloway definitely going? Don't think he as announced another team yet?
Haven't seen anything officially myself. He is signed through 2025 right? Few conversations between Mckellar, Schmidt and RA potentially? RA might want him off the books moving forward but NSW can definitely use him. Bit of back n forth over amounts and other offers he might have on the table...

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
SO ow we have Lancaster, jorgo, kellaway, pietsche, reilly, Sua'ali'i. One of them will have to move into OC. Would love to see Sua'ali'i terrifying defence up close but then, getting a good run-up from fullback would be insane.

Our lineout and scrum are still very weak and there is nothing running around in the Shute Shield. Maybe we could ask Qld for a lone of the 5th ranked 2nd row.
I still see JS at 13 long term. Have Wingers and Fullback lurking around him in support play as he carries. Big human who will attract defenders.

15 is an option and he has more of a kicking game than Folau ever did having been a School Boy Fullback.

Reilly probably finds himself the one dropping way down the line but that's pro sports and can't be too shitty when your part of the worst team in the country... tough calls need to be made.

Last edited:

Homer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I still see JS at 13 long term. Have Wingers and Fullback lurking around him in support play as he carries. Big human who will attract defenders.

15 is an option and he has more of a kicking game than Folau ever did having been a School Boy Fullback.

Reilly probably finds himself the one dropping way down the line but that's pro sports and can't be too shitty when your part of the worst team in the country... tough calls need to be made.
Maybe attacking at OC but defending on the wing, share with Kellaway. Kellaway would be perfect for supporting him on attack, reads the space and lines very well and JS offloads would be deadly. There will be a billion cross kicks to him as well.

Agent

Watty Friend (18)
SO ow we have Lancaster, jorgo, kellaway, pietsche, reilly, Sua'ali'i.

It seems a lot of talent to fit into only a couple of positions. I know he has a contract with the Tahs but I wouldn't be surprised to see Peitsch end up at the Brumbies one day. I think he would be a good fit there.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
Almost works too well in my mind. More explosive Muirhead.

Although you tend to just go from Sky Blue to a Royal Blue of the Force off recent recruitment trends.

Rugby Head

Billy Sheehan (19)

Would like to see Ed Timpson get a shot from Norths, he has been tearing it up this year.
Think we will have to dip into the NPC player pool in NZ for tight 5 forwards.
Have they announced Tupou and Leota yet??

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

It was fine, the issue was injuries, we had a thousand and our reserve props and hookers did bloody well considering

Leota is an upgrade on Hanigan, Tupou is an upgrade on HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)

We can do with another lock, but that has been to same for 10 years

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Waratahs actually had the 5th most successful lineout win percentage in the comp which is quite astounding given the revolving door at hooker and prop.

The scrum was a disaster but I think that's largely down to those front row issues, particularly at prop.

Homer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
We have one out and out second rower, more importantly he is the tighthead 2nd row. If he gets injured we only have converted backrowers to fill in. Ryan Smith would be perfect, or even better LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) to help bring through the next gen players, unfortunately they will be fighting for game time up north as RA is desperate for a Super Rugby championship in a Lions year and at least one strong team to build the Wallabies off.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
We have one out and out second rower, more importantly he is the tighthead 2nd row. If he gets injured we only have converted backrowers to fill in. Ryan Smith would be perfect, or even better LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) to help bring through the next gen players, unfortunately they will be fighting for game time up north as RA is desperate for a Super Rugby championship in a Lions year and at least one strong team to build the Wallabies off.
Good, makes sense

Yoda

Jim Clark (26)

Reilly and Pietsch should have headed west. Would be starting every week.