• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2025

Jimmyjam

Watty Friend (18)
Be interesting to see how Rebs players settle at their main competitor, no love lost between the 2 teams, maybe that’s why they’re only 1 year contracts.
We'd better just pray it all works out, I mean no players in the past have ever switched between Australian super rugby teams before......:rolleyes:

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
We'd better just pray it all works out, I mean no players in the past have ever switched between Australian super rugby teams before......:rolleyes:
Don't feed the trolls! They're still out there saying the Tahs are the spawn of hell, and that we masterminded the Rebels collapse just to get their players........

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Be interesting to see how Rebs players settle at their main competitor, no love lost between the 2 teams, maybe that’s why they’re only 1 year contracts.

Or maybe for the reasons stated above: they're 1 year contracts because that's what RA had in place at the Rebels.

Maybe they stay on, maybe they don't. It is a win-win for the players given the circumstances.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
I don't think it will take much more than some injury luck for the Tahs to return to 6th - 8th mediocrity.

In that regard it should be a pretty easy win for McKellar to have a successful first season.
Yeah the way Super Rugby is anything from 5th-8th whist finals and I'm sure coaches like saying that is the land or irrelevance. Win your home games and you make it. He'll get a slight bounce out of them and it's more interesting to see how they look towards the end of the year and who they pick up next offseason.
Lambert is also a very good prop, as is Tom Ross

I will reiterate, the Tah's prop stocks (and hooker stocks ie Julian Heaven) are pretty good, they just all got injured
Heaven was sturdy but I really liked what Fonokalifi was doing at the end of last year. Puts absolutely everything into the game and seemed a bit of a brute in the tough stuff.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yeah the way Super Rugby is anything from 5th-8th whist finals and I'm sure coaches like saying that is the land or irrelevance. Win your home games and you make it. He'll get a slight bounce out of them and it's more interesting to see how they look towards the end of the year and who they pick up next offseason.

Absolutely. You're still a long way off competing for the title in that range but it's a big improvement on last.

Would be hard to mark the new coach down if they indeed finished in that range in their first year.

Linerunner2023

Darby Loudon (17)
If tahs can get Bell and tupou on the field together in 2025 their scrum could be scary

good picks ups in tupou, Leota, Lancaster along with kellaway and Sua'ali'i allready confirmed