• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2025

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Newington Club?

1723163964963.png

Presumably Darby Lancaster also found time to make a few trips down from Kempsey to play juniors for Easts. What a guy!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Easts team line up is what makes people stop watching rugby!!!! How is this possible??? I suppose is this the Tahs B Team. Go West Harbour!!!

We haven't won a premiership since 1969!

Generally though, the guys contributing to this side have been Easts players for a long time and plenty since juniors.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
We haven't won a premiership since 1969!

Generally though, the guys contributing to this side have been Easts players for a long time and plenty since juniors.
Some of them...

Fifita out of Newington and has played for Southern Districts, West harbour
Ponini a Kiwi who was playing for Eastwood
Wilson out of Kings - Don't know the Junior status but his Brother was at Eastwood prior to moving to Easts this year.
Heaven a Lindfield junior so that's Gordon
Bosker a Kiwi who was playing for Southern Districts
Gamble originally NZ but started in Aus with Petersham in Subbies.
Bowen a Wahroonga junior so that's Gordon
Goodall played a long time for Eastwood
Bell played a long time for Eastwood
McHenry an Irishman who's last played for Jersey but Munster before that.

Country guys don't matter. They pick where they want.

Easts are going hard for a title. Don't blame them and can't blame a player for going with the better offer...

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Some of them...

Wilson out of Kings - Don't know the Junior status but his Brother was at Eastwood prior to moving to Easts this year.

Easts are going hard for a title. Don't blame them and can't blame a player for going with the better offer...

I over-egged the pudding a bit on the juniors stuff but they've largely been at Easts for a fair while.
Fifita first played for Easts in 2019 I believe. Ponini in 2022.
Teddy Wilson and Jack Bowen both played some colts together at Easts.
Heaven and Gamble have been at Easts since 2021.
Lancaster has played colts for Easts.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
I over-egged the pudding a bit on the juniors stuff but they've largely been at Easts for a fair while.
Easts have had there eyes on this for a while it seems with how aggressive they were getting guys into Colts from all over. Need to get it done before a number move on either overseas or get bulk mins for the Tahs which means you don't see them for the first half of the year.

Hogan

Allen Oxlade (6)
I read somewhere recently that Easts didn’t enter any teams (U12-U18) at the recent NSWJRU State Championships. Do they have any juniors?

Blazing Saddles

Ward Prentice (10)
Some of them...

A couple more -
Gibson - Southern Districts - tferred this year
Adamson - Former England 7s contracted player Commonwealth games & Newcastle falcons
Cooper Whiteside - came down from qld looking for opportunities

Rob42

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Good that people are talking about the quality of the Allianz Stadium field - as well as poor drainage, the grass has just looked really bad for extended periods since it opened, not good enough for a brand-new stadium.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Allianz Stadium On The Move

--SMH--

In regards to the deteriorating turf issues at the new stadium, the Allianz Stadium Head Groundsman has issued the following statement:

"Yeah, we've identified the issue. A soil nutrient with quite corrosive properties has seeped into the turf. It's called The Essence of Failure and is secreted through the glands of losing rugby football players, namely, NSFW Waratahs Rugby Football players. Further compounding the issue are the copious amounts of tears shed at the ground by NSFW fans and players alike which have leaked into the water table, their corrosive properties causing the turf to deteriorate.

"We've got a couple of options on the table: either ban all NSFW Waratahs matches from Allianz Stadium, which is a distinct possibility. Or, we could airlift and move the entire stadium to the city of Auckland, New Zealand where the Auckland Blues rugby team could play a few matches on the turf and, consequently, jubilant Auckland Blues fans and players' tears of joy at watching their all-conquering rugby football team would have a rejuvenating effect on the underlying water table thus fixing the problem. I think the latter option is the more humane one all-round."