• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2023

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Players unavailable for selection: Angus Bell – Toe (Season) Dylan Pietsch – Quad (Round 3) Harry Johnson-Holmes – Achilles (Round 3-4) Joey Walton – Back (Round 3) Ned Hanigan – Knee (Round 3-4) Tiaan Tauakipulu – Knee (Round 3) Will Harrison – Knee (Round 3)
Could someone in the know please post similar reports for the other four sides. Every week.

Thanks.

Running_rugby_1954

Alex Ross (28)
I certainly don't think Hooper needs a rest but I also think we lose very little having Gamble play 80.

It would be tactical more than anything in that we currently have all our backrowers healthy and are oversupplied in that space. If you know that Hooper has to sit out three complete games in the season it seems like a good plan to get one in now.
Could almost rotate hooper and Gamble between bench starting and rest.

Hooper still works really hard and I have been a massive advocate of him over the years, but gamble is right with him now

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
3ED4FC31-CF9D-40C5-BDE6-F918DAB7973C.jpeg

Wonder if this will impact selections over the next few weeks. A push for Donaldson at 10 from above. Harrison available…. Edmed has eyes on him now

Alex Ross (28)
View attachment 15421
Wonder if this will impact selections over the next few weeks. A push for Donaldson at 10 from above. Harrison available…. Edmed has eyes on him now
I think it was a very pointed statement. And one I wholeheartedly agree with. No knock on Edmed. But I think something needs to change. Donaldson’s greater utility value is counting against him.

Running_rugby_1954

Alex Ross (28)
10 and 15 are so similar at the tahs they are basically interchangeable. And none of the tens are genuine running threats except for Harrison.

It’s not as though they are running a two tiered attack, it’s either a forward hit up or a pop out the back to the ball carrier to find their edge attacking shape.

The only difference really is the first receiver on starter plays and defensive set up.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
I’m really concerned we’re going to lose Jack Bowen if he’s stuck as the 4th 10. I really think he could be the best.
I think you're more likely to let one of the 3 ahead of him go first, given he'll be that bit cheaper being a few years younger.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
I just think it highlights the need for a centralised system. And I know it’s hard because NSW invest a lot in developing these players, but one of these 10’s should be leading the force instead of Hegarty.
I take your point, but the onus is also on the Rebels and Force to create winning cultures and make themselves genuine destinations for a young 10. The Rebels seem to be doing a pretty good job bringing Gordon on, and you could argue that the Force were too with Pasitoa. If you're Edmed/Donaldson/Harrison, do you want to move there knowing you might be understudy again in 12 months when Reesjan is back?

Running_rugby_1954

Alex Ross (28)
I take your point, but the onus is also on the Rebels and Force to create winning cultures and make themselves genuine destinations for a young 10. The Rebels seem to be doing a pretty good job bringing Gordon on, and you could argue that the Force were too with Pasitoa. If you're Edmed/Donaldson/Harrison, do you want to move there knowing you might be understudy again in 12 months when Reesjan is back?
I forgot about Pasitoa.

When was the last time we had 7/8 10’s coming through? Seems crazy

Reactions: dru

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Yeah, mate. He's the future Wallaby number 10 lol But the 10s pathway is really crowded at the Tahs right now so play at 15 would be a good idea for him
So instead of playing what you call a "future wallaby number 10" at fly-half, we should just play him at full back for the season. Why would you not replace him with Edmed and keep donaldson at 15 ???