• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
That's a pretty useful side on paper. :D

Hopefully they can start the season well which will give Cheika more opportunities to give more players plenty of game time.

I think Skelton, Chapman, Gray, Lance, Betham, McKibbin and others are all likely to be outside the startving XV for some or all of the season and getitng them plenty of game time whilst maintaining a strong team will be important to the overall chances of the team through the season.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
The Waratahs management do have their finger on the pulse regarding what their players are doing (despite what we might think), so if they've chosen to not sanction Beale - I'm going to assume he hasn't done anything wrong.

T

Train Without a Station

Great stuff. Sounds like the arch-conservative wowser type, aka fun police. So quick to judge without considering the broader context. You speak with the authority like you were a witness to these alleged crimes against moral decency - it simply has to be true 'cause I read it on the Internet.

Haters gonna hate, because it's so stupidly easy to hide behind an avatar. Why not contact NSWRU and ask to meet the guy in person, and maybe put forward your expert theories face-to-face?

I speak with the authority that I'm a dickhead who doesn't stupid things when I drink, so therefore don't put myself in the position to do that as frequently. Amazing fucking surprise, it occurs less frequently.

gowaratahs

Sydney Middleton (9)
I speak with the authority that I'm a dickhead who doesn't stupid things when I drink, so therefore don't put myself in the position to do that as frequently. Amazing fucking surprise, it occurs less frequently.
I'm sorry I doubted your authority, you're obviously eminently qualified to solve his problems based on your personal experience and interpretation of trash journalism. All the more reason for you to address it with the man in person, wouldn't you think?

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Much as I don't like moving Folau from 15, I reckon Fp's side is fairly likely. But I reckon we might not see it for a few weeks into the season. Betham-Folau-Crawford across the back was pretty devastating.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I'd like to see Beale at 10. That would mean Beale could cover 10 comfortably for the wallabies, if Cooper goes down Beale is the most similar 10 that could fit straight in without having to change too much.

Foley could fit into 12. Horne 13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) 14.

T

Train Without a Station

I'm sorry I doubted your authority, you're obviously eminently qualified to solve his problems based on your personal experience and interpretation of trash journalism. All the more reason for you to address it with the man in person, wouldn't you think?

Pull your head in mate. I'm agreeing with Kurtley's own previous words in fact. I believe it was something along the lines of, he doesn't think he has a problem with alcohol though makes poor choices when impaired by it.

I'm merely elaborating and saying that people need to stop saying somebody who acts like an idiot on the piss is an alcoholic as some cop out excuse for their actions. Doesn't just apply to Kurtley.

How is it controversial to say somebody who has previously been in alcohol related trouble/incidents multiple times (6 by my count), should perhaps minimize their drinking, and keep it away from public licenced establishments to mitigate their chance of getting themselves in trouble?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I'd like to see Beale at 10. That would mean Beale could cover 10 comfortably for the wallabies, if Cooper goes down Beale is the most similar 10 that could fit straight in without having to change too much.

In the spirit of selecting players where they suit their provincial teams better, rather than the Wallabies, no! :D

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
They're gonna kick it to the bench? Happy with that tactic.;)

That was part of their gameplan last season
239_fishing.gif

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

I think Foley is a better 10 than Beale, I rate him as the next best option to Cooper actually, although Lilo looked damn good there 2 years ago - Lilo just hasn't played enough there since

gowaratahs

Sydney Middleton (9)
Pull your head in mate. I'm agreeing with Kurtley's own previous words in fact. I believe it was something along the lines of, he doesn't think he has a problem with alcohol though makes poor choices when impaired by it.

I'm merely elaborating and saying that people need to stop saying somebody who acts like an idiot on the piss is an alcoholic as some cop out excuse for their actions. Doesn't just apply to Kurtley.

How is it controversial to say somebody who has previously been in alcohol related trouble/incidents multiple times (6 by my count), should perhaps minimize their drinking, and keep it away from public licenced establishments to mitigate their chance of getting themselves in trouble?
Okay, just keep on eating the tripe fed up to you by the media. You're not on the sauce yourself, are you? Pull your head in, indeed.

T

Train Without a Station

Okay, just keep on eating the tripe fed up to you by the media. You're not on the sauce yourself, are you? Pull your head in, indeed.

Which tripe "fed" by the media?

The drink driving charge in 2007?
The previous assault claim from a family BBQ?
The drunken fight between KB (Kurtley Beale), QC (Quade Cooper) and JOC (James O'Connor) in France in 2010?
The assault charge from the Victory Hotel in Brisbane?
The incident with Vuna in SA?
The instance of him drinking after a game, when the agreement of him coming back to play after the SA incident was that he wouldn't drink?

None of these incidents have been denied if I recall, so the media likely has it spot on.

I'm not saying the guy is an alcoholic. I'm agreeing with his own quote that he does stupid things when drunk. Due to this he probably should use a bit more discretion to prevent stories like this from the Weed in the SMH. I'd say without the previous 6 this wouldn't have got a mention. But when you have form, you should probably avoid giving the mug punters any ammo.

Hopefully if stories like this one are true, Cheika quiet (and likely bluntly) advises him not to engage in sessions on the sauce in public that lead to it.

My apologies if my comments that, if this story is true, Kurtley needs to act more sensibly have offended you....

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Keep an eye on your email, folks. Just received this:

A MESSAGE FROM TICKETEK

Dear Waratahs member,
1126-tick.jpg

Ticketek would like to advise Waratahs members of a system error that has affected some member seating requests.

A recent system change unexpectedly resulted in a failure of the Ticketek seating request functionality, affecting all member seating requests submitted between 1 September and 31 October. Requests submitted since this date have not been affected.

If you are concerned about your 2014 seating request, please pay careful attention to the seating allocation update communication being sent to you by the Waratahs later today and follow the guidelines for re-lodging your requests.

We appreciate that your seats are a very important part of your Waratahs membership. We can assure all members who submitted their requests since 31 October that their preferences have been recorded and that no action is necessary.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Yours sincerely,

Dominic Teakle
Chief Operating Officer, Nine Events (Ticketek)

gowaratahs

Sydney Middleton (9)
Which tripe "fed" by the media?

The drink driving charge in 2007?
The previous assault claim from a family BBQ?
The drunken fight between KB (Kurtley Beale), QC (Quade Cooper) and JOC (James O'Connor) in France in 2010?
The assault charge from the Victory Hotel in Brisbane?
The incident with Vuna in SA?
The instance of him drinking after a game, when the agreement of him coming back to play after the SA incident was that he wouldn't drink?

None of these incidents have been denied if I recall, so the media likely has it spot on.

I'm not saying the guy is an alcoholic. I'm agreeing with his own quote that he does stupid things when drunk. Due to this he probably should use a bit more discretion to prevent stories like this from the Weed in the SMH. I'd say without the previous 6 this wouldn't have got a mention. But when you have form, you should probably avoid giving the mug punters any ammo.

Hopefully if stories like this one are true, Cheika quiet (and likely bluntly) advises him not to engage in sessions on the sauce in public that lead to it.

My apologies if my comments that, if this story is true, Kurtley needs to act more sensibly have offended you..
I'll repeat the challenge, why not organise a face-to-face with KB (Kurtley Beale) and tell him what you said earlier? What you write here you shouldn't be afraid to tell your target in the flesh, as that'd be cowardly.

T

Train Without a Station

I'll repeat the challenge, why not organise a face-to-face with KB (Kurtley Beale) and tell him what you said earlier? What you write here you shouldn't be afraid to tell your target in the flesh, as that'd be cowardly.

I concur with HJ. In fact let's not discuss anything at all about anything. Because we cannot do it face to face.

Somebody let Gagger know to shut down G&GR...

Status
Not open for further replies.