• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyril Towers (30)
Tamworth was 2 years ago and that was the night of the big storm. No country game last year. They played the Rebels in Hobart instead. I've watched trials in Lismore, Orange, Nowra and Tamworth over the last few years and they are always are a huge hit with the local rugby community and earn the team a lot of goodwill. They usually come and stay for a few days and run coaching clinics for local kids and clubs as well as media and fundraising. I hope it returns. Places like Armidale, Dubbo, Bathurst, Moree, Coffs, Port Macquarie, Wagga Wagga all have grounds that would cope and strong rugby communities that would reap big benefits.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The sporting capital of the western world, Wagga Wagga's in Brumbies territory, topo. NSW Country gave up southern NSW to ACT Rugby some time ago.

Having said that I'm a definite starter for the Tahs/Rebels pre-season game in Albury next year.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
The sporting capital of the western world, Wagga Wagga's in Brumbies territory, topo. NSW Country gave up southern NSW to ACT Rugby some time ago.

Having said that I'm a definite starter for the Tahs/Rebels pre-season game in Albury next year.

We may have been neglected in Wagga and now work as a feeder for the ACT but there's plenty of us here who will only ever support the Waratahs and only ever want to play for the Waratahs. The Brumbies can get fucked!

Respectfully,
A local.

edit: Nothing against the Brumbies; The Reds, Rebels and Force can get fucked too! Tahs 2014 - Believe. Believe you're going to get smashed by the Tahs.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I missed KB (Kurtley Beale) on NITV's Living Black Conversations' tonight. Still Looking for the video, but I was interested in the program's blurb:

Karla Grant speaks with rising Australian rugby union star, Kurtley Beale who dreams of being a role model for Indigenous kids, a dream that has been dogged by personal struggles. Living Black Conversations documents Kurtley’s journey in discovering more about his culture, his family and himself.
Rising? He's got 39 Wallaby caps.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I missed KB (Kurtley Beale) on NITV's Living Black Conversations' tonight. Still Looking for the video, but I was interested in the program's blurb:

Rising? He's got 39 Wallaby caps.
He said that he is no longer in rehab. He said that he felt it wasn't right for him at this point (paraphrasing a bit - can't remember the exact words). He said that he is an adult.

Cheika said that he is a rugby coach and he is not going to be a nanny (or some such phrase) and that Beale is just the same as anyone else in the team.

That's all I got.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
New Tahs jersey on sale, although true to form there is no mention of it on the Waratahs website.

http://www.lovell-rugby.co.uk/Rugby...-2014-Super-15-Home-S-or-S-Shirt-Waratah-Blue

19670.jpg

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
They generally have official unveilings of these things, I would take this with a large grain of salt if it first appeared on 'lovell-rugby'.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
They generally have official unveilings of these things, I would take this with a large grain of salt if it first appeared on 'lovell-rugby'.

Its apparently in stock and can be delivered in two days, I wouldn't be too suspicious. Anyway they'd deal directly with Canterbury, how the Tahs decide to market the jerseys has nothing to do with companies Canterbury supply to

Last year they had the heritage jersey on sale for about 6 months before the Tahs shop started selling it.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Its apparently in stock and can be delivered in two days, I wouldn't be too suspicious. Anyway they'd deal directly with Canterbury, how the Tahs decide to market the jerseys has nothing to do with companies Canterbury supply to

Last year they had the heritage jersey on sale for about 6 months before the Tahs shop started selling it.
its on the website down the bottom right. Foley has had 1 sprayed on him :confused:

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
its on the website down the bottom right. Foley has had 1 sprayed on him :confused:

Its not in the shop section though, you'd think if it was in stock that they'd market it more no? Rather than having it on the bottom corner of the home page.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I think that Chieka should try Kurtley at 13 in the trials. He is an absolute genius in unlocking defences with his step and off-loading in traffic and he is seriously fast. He is very good at setting up wingers for tries as he has done from 15 at Waratah and Wallaby level.

His one-on-one defense is way better than he is given credit for. If he can learn to play the defensive role of a 13 it might be the genius move of 2014. That would leave AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Crawford on the wings and Betham as the outside back reserve. Hard to think of a better high-ball back three than Folau, Crawford and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), and with Foley and Horne inside that is a backline that could destroy the best of teams. Frightening depth in the squad if injury strikes.

If it succeeded it would give us Kuridrani, Beale and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) for the Wallabies at 13 and that would be the three-choice depth we need come 2015. Its getting crowded at the top level now (except for tight head prop).

Reactions: BPC

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
I think that Chieka should try Kurtley at 13 in the trials. He is an absolute genius in unlocking defences with his step and off-loading in traffic and he is seriously fast. He is very good at setting up wingers for tries as he has done from 15 at Waratah and Wallaby level.

His one-on-one defense is way better than he is given credit for. If he can learn to play the defensive role of a 13 it might be the genius move of 2014. That would leave AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Crawford on the wings and Betham as the outside back reserve. Hard to think of a better high-ball back three than Folau, Crawford and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), and with Foley and Horne inside that is a backline that could destroy the best of teams. Frightening depth in the squad if injury strikes.

If it succeeded it would give us Kuridrani, Beale and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) for the Wallabies at 13 and that would be the three-choice depth we need come 2015. Its getting crowded at the top level now (except for tight head prop).
Hawko are you suggesting we are going to win in 2014 :eek:

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Hawko are you suggesting we are going to win in 2014 :eek:

NO! I've been a Tah supporter since the late 60's so I am intimately acquainted with the history and I still remember walking back to my car after the first final thinking I'd seen a cracking game but that realistically we did just not believe we could win it enough. Then I watched Kurtley get cut down by the injury gods just as we started to get on top of the Saders, which snuffed out our chance of winning it in Canterbury.

I have deeply held hope but experience tells me that the moment I put that suggestion into words that the rugby gods will punish me in the usual manner. All Waratah supporters, including yourself, should wipe all such suggestions from your vocabulary until it actually happens. Then and only then can we breathe those two tiny words - "at last!"

Status
Not open for further replies.