• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Ferguson is very talented, but unless he fixes up his off field antics then he will go down as just another player whose career was curtailed by continual off field stupidity.

I'm worried Beale may end up going down that path, too.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
It's a pity that Weidler's alleged snouts don't move in wider circles, or they may have seen KB (Kurtley Beale) early one Sunday morning recently in Centennial Park leading thousands of walkers on behalf of the vital charity the Cure For Life Foundation. Not only was he approachable, he was open and friendly and interested as to why we were walking in the event. He was a gentleman, and a fine ambassador for his sport - not that this low-dog journo would care.

Is it established beyond doubt that the story's authentic? Until it is, it has to be treated with the disdain Weidler deserves.

hi kurtley.

welcome to the forums.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I don't give a shit.It's November,despite what was written,his behaviour did not warrant him being asked to leave the pub.
It's no ones business.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Is Kurtley supposed to be drink free or just learning self control?

I don't know.

What I do know is that he looks fitter at the moment than he has in a very long time.

He is clearly doing the hard yards at training and is scheduled to return to contact after his shoulder reconstruction ahead of schedule.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I don't know.

What I do know is that he looks fitter at the moment than he has in a very long time.

He is clearly doing the hard yards at training and is scheduled to return to contact after his shoulder reconstruction ahead of schedule.

He looks like he's gained a few kgs, in a good way.

gowaratahs

Sydney Middleton (9)
hi kurtley.

welcome to the forums.

Yeah, hilarious. Nice cheap shot... Quade?

Grubs like Weidler rely on gullible, media-reliant drones who have forgotten to demand perspective and context. KB (Kurtley Beale) allegedly on the sauce in November - so? Apparently the snouts were offended - what do we know about the snouts? Do they share my values? Are they wowsers? Maybe it was Weidler's mum, for all we know. Does Weidler know who the snout was? An anonymous tip? What will it take for him to write objectively, lest positively? Shame on him, and the zombies who enable him.

Fair dinkum, if he's not as obtusely vague as Grumblin' Growden I will eat my hat.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Sadly Kurtley has an enduring problem with alcohol.
It's a disease that's cruel and doesn't go away.
You can get as angry with Weidler as you like but he's reporting fact.
Who can, or who will help Kurtley to help himself?

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member

What will help Kurtley is 'reporters' like Weidler ceasing this type of crap journalism and let him focus on dealing with his issues and give him the headspace to perform at his job to the best of his ability.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
We don't know anything of the sort. Being a clown and doing stupid shit on the sauce is not necessarily alcoholism. I agree he should be trying to stay away from it, but we cannot say that a lapse will have any long-term effect. And Weidler's facts cannot be assumed. He has a very strong anti-rugby agenda.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
If Kurtley is an alcoholic then it's almost certainly best if he doesn't drink. If he has a problem of self-control when he does drink but is not actually an alcoholic, then learning to manage that should be an ongoing process that does not necessarily require him to stay completely alcohol-free. Since we don't know one way or the other, in my view we should all just assume the latter.

It's the off-season, by all reports he's been training hard, and, let's face it, the Bucket List was probably vastly improved by him standing on a table and bellowing.

In fact, the more I think about it, that might be the only possible response of a sober person to being there on a Saturday night.

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
We don't know anything of the sort. Being a clown and doing stupid shit on the sauce is not necessarily alcoholism. I agree he should be trying to stay away from it, but we cannot say that a lapse will have any long-term effect. And Weidler's facts cannot be assumed. He has a very strong anti-rugby agenda.
Also anyone not managed by one of his favoured player-agents.

T

Train Without a Station

Every bloke claiming to be an "alcoholic" and have a "disease" just because they act like dickheads on the piss is a cop out, drumming up sympathy, instead of the appropriate scrutiny for not refraining from drinking if they can't behave responsibly when they do it.

Kurtley's issues don't appear to stem from not being able to control his drinking, they stem from shithouse behaviour when he does.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
And yet we don't know if he was drunk, and we have no evidence of shithouse behavior

All we have evidence of is a few guys being a bit loud at a beach bar.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sorry switching topics quickly but what are the tahs going to do with their back line next year? They would be mad not to keep Izzy at fullback. So where does that leave Kurtley and Foley? Injury may play a role but one of this wallabies will be riding the pine for sure won't they?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Sorry switching topics quickly but what are the tahs going to do with their back line next year? They would be mad not to keep Izzy at fullback. So where does that leave Kurtley and Foley? Injury may play a role but one of this wallabies will be riding the pine for sure won't they?

I think Beale will most likely start on the bench if everyone is fit and will be eased back into rugby after his shoulder reco (even though he is expected to be fit for round 1).

I'd be surprised if Cheika wants to disrupt the Foley-Horne-AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) combo that was working so well last year.

Beale is certainly a great player to bring off the bench for some attacking spark in the second half. Given the way most seasons run, it would be unlikely that all the key players are fit for the majority of games so there won't be many games where Wallabies are relegated to the bench.

gowaratahs

Sydney Middleton (9)
Every bloke claiming to be an "alcoholic" and have a "disease" just because they act like dickheads on the piss is a cop out, drumming up sympathy, instead of the appropriate scrutiny for not refraining from drinking if they can't behave responsibly when they do it.

Kurtley's issues don't appear to stem from not being able to control his drinking, they stem from shithouse behaviour when he does.

Great stuff. Sounds like the arch-conservative wowser type, aka fun police. So quick to judge without considering the broader context. You speak with the authority like you were a witness to these alleged crimes against moral decency - it simply has to be true 'cause I read it on the Internet...

Haters gonna hate, because it's so stupidly easy to hide behind an avatar. Why not contact NSWRU and ask to meet the guy in person, and maybe put forward your expert theories face-to-face?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

With everyone fit, I would like to see Crawford, Folau & Beale (15) as the back three.

Three fullbacks essentially , all good under the high ball, that can counter and kick well

so
1 Robinson
2 Nau
3 Kepu
4 Douglas
5 Potgieter
6 Dennis
7 Hooper
8 Palu

9 Phipps
10 Foley
11 Crawford