• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
The first countback method is number of wins, so if we finish on the same points as the Brumbies it would be likely that they are ahead of us because currently we have three extra bonus points. Hard to see us ending on the same points without them having an extra win.
apologies didnt know that thought PD was criteria

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
That's an interesting concept. How does that work? Do you win a game then the next one too?

apparently some teams can win even more than two in a row, but baby steps for the Tahs

next we could even try beating a side that attacks the breakdown regularly

Reactions: BPC

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
It changed this year.

The Chiefs may be vulnerable because they had those two draws in South Africa.

OK, so Force & Crusaders both have 31 pts from 7 wins & 3 BP so who's 4th? Does Crusaders PD of +76 trump Force's +17 or have SANZAR come up with something less relevant? My money's on "why, yes they have" based on past experience. Home ground advantage being so important, it really could make a difference esp if it means someone having to cross the Tasman, Australia & the Indian Ocean vs merely the Tasman.

Back on-thread, I usually don't comment on matches not involving NZ team(s) but seriously, if your lot can't manage a BP win against these guys you deserve to finish 6th & win a trip to the Shark Tank.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
It's all relative.
I still have nightmares about losing 8 in a row.
So from that perspective,we're going ok.

Oh, I like the direction we are going, I really like the style of play

But, we aren't there yet and I am trying to keep my feet on the ground as we are still not ready to do the agreed style under pressure.

Til then we have no real chance

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
So we missed a minor PR opportunity with a bunch of US wankers trying to promote their shit sport, I don't care and don't see it as any real benefit to the Tahs at all

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Um, sorry to rehash old issues - but remember this meaningless trash, appears to be treasure to some: I hope its not because we didn't care enough.

The All Blacks will play the United States in Chicago on November 1 in their first Test on American soil for 34 years.
The world champions will play at Soldier Field, the oldest NFL stadium and home to the Chicago Bears. It will be the first time the venue with a capacity of 61,500 has hosted a rugby Test.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/all-blacks-to-play-united-states-test-in-chicago-20140514-zrbto.html#ixzz31fTBz0bn

Rob42

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Um, sorry to rehash old issues - but remember this meaningless trash, appears to be treasure to some: I hope its not because we didn't care enough.

The All Blacks will play the United States in Chicago on November 1 in their first Test on American soil for 34 years.
The world champions will play at Soldier Field, the oldest NFL stadium and home to the Chicago Bears. It will be the first time the venue with a capacity of 61,500 has hosted a rugby Test.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/all-blacks-to-play-united-states-test-in-chicago-20140514-zrbto.html#ixzz31fTBz0bn

No doubt because their American sponsor wants them to do a local game. It's good for rugby, I'm happier that it's NZ doing it rather than us - the rugby calendar is too full already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
No doubt because their American sponsor wants them to do a local game. It's good for rugby, I'm happier that it's NZ doing it rather than us - the rugby calendar is too full already.

The calendar might be full but any opportunity to grab $$$ we should grab. Even if its something like Brumbies or Tah's (minus Wallibies) v local USA side etc, or exhibition games.

Rob42

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The calendar might be full but any opportunity to grab $$$ we should grab. Even if its something like Brumbies or Tah's (minus Wallibies) v local USA side etc, or exhibition games.

I doubt this would be a money-spinner for any team that doesn't have a big American sponsor.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Just done my usual optimistic run through the remaining fixtures and where we sit on the table.
Looks something like this and remember I'm being a bit biased towards Tahs as usual.
Looks to me like table could end up with Chiefs and Crusaders locked on 52 points Brumbies and Tahs on 51, Sharks on 51 and Force in with 47. Which would on current point difference would give Crusaders and Tahs the first week off. Chiefs then host Force and Sharks host Brumbies . Tahs would then host winners of Sharks/ Brumbies ?? and Crusaders would host Chiefs (sorry Forcers).
Tahs or whoever would then have to cross ditch to play Saders or Chiefs so this will definitely come down to Bonus points and could well decide the final.
Very important for either the Kiwi boys to stop scoring tries or Aussie teams to get an upset somewhere..Tahs v Chiefs??
..Lets keep it clean guys and not run over me too much and we ARE playing Reds in death valley in last round but I'm getting excited..:)
Not sure if I follow your reasoning. If the Tahs and Brumbies finish even on points, my understanding is that the team with most wins would be rated top. Is that how you reasoned the outcome? Also, your comment re bonus points deciding the final seems to be odd. Bonus points don't accrue in finals.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Not sure if I follow your reasoning. If the Tahs and Brumbies finish even on points, my understanding is that the team with most wins would be rated top. Is that how you reasoned the outcome? Also, your comment re bonus points deciding the final seems to be odd. Bonus points don't accrue in finals.
but they get you to them

Status
Not open for further replies.