• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Another puzzling contract is Michael Hodge. Has he even played in the trials?

Another one plagued by injury. Think he is out for 2014.

But he was contracted last year too I think and didn't see a minute. I don't remember him even being good for Uni.

Hodge was originally signed for two years at the end of 2012 for the 2013 and 2014 seasons.

He's subsequently been injured for almost all of those two years. This year he's got some sort of back issue.

He'll leave the Tahs without ever playing a Super Rugby game.

Greg Peterson is in the same category. Signed for too long and then spent most of the time injured so not only did the player miss out on development, the Tahs missed out on other opportunities to sign players who have now passed them.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Speaking of Hodge - he and Will Skelton will be out at my workplace today. Might wander down at lunch and say hi. Photos etc.

Reactions: BPC

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Speaking of Hodge - he and Will Skelton will be out at my workplace today. Might wander down at lunch and say hi. Photos etc.

I am sure Hodge and Skelton will be delighted to get a photo of you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)

Make sure that your Manager hasn't booked you in for some Brand Pfitzy sponsor/promotional activities at that time that will make it difficult for Gigantor and Hodgie to have a Photo Op with you.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Nope cleared it up with him beforehand - he's a good fluffybunny for that, and realises that my presence among the people outweighs any filthy lucre I get by promoting Brand Pfitzy.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Taqele Naiyaravoro scored 2 tries for Parra against Eastwood at 12. Quality debut. Anyone see the game?

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I'll lead out with "So do you want a 'Dear Will, Best Regards Pfitzy'? or are you just wanting to sell it for profit?"

What about "All the best, Pfitzy". That way he doesn't have to decide immediately whether or not to sell it.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Taqele Naiyaravoro scored 2 tries for Parra against Eastwood at 12. Quality debut. Anyone see the game?
Didn't see the game, but this photo is from NEWS Ltd. I'd crap myself if I had to tackle those thighs.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/s...913485498?sv=95012b4526f4cf5ed5b2c60e792ced04
image.jpg

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yeah get an arm between the legs and hope to Christ it doesn't break and the big bastard doesn't fall on you.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
I was there. And Thommo has reported on the Match (and Taqele) on the Two Blues website. It should be noted that while he played the full 84 minutes, the first 50 or so were on the wing, not 12.

Taqele is big, fast and full of promise. Is he ready for Super Rugby? Good question. My opinion is that he probably needs a few more matches under his belt. Can the Tahs wait? Good question.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Tolu Latu out injured from the Uni game at the weekend I hear, so looks like Cock will get a go off the bench against a pretty big Lions pack

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Tolu Latu out injured from the Uni game at the weekend I hear, so looks like Cock will get a go off the bench against a pretty big Lions pack
That's a funny nickname for Roach—did you make it up?

Yeah he is in the EPS and is third-string hooker.

The Lions don't have a particularly big pack—usually around 870-880kgs—and when they played against the Highlanders recently they had one of the smallest packs of any team in 2014.

Whatever, but it won't weigh as much as the Tahs pack does.

As always it will matter how they perform as a unit in the scrums, and how big they play, otherwise—not how much they weigh.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Just done my usual optimistic run through the remaining fixtures and where we sit on the table.
Looks something like this and remember I'm being a bit biased towards Tahs as usual.
Looks to me like table could end up with Chiefs and Crusaders locked on 52 points Brumbies and Tahs on 51, Sharks on 51 and Force in with 47. Which would on current point difference would give Crusaders and Tahs the first week off. Chiefs then host Force and Sharks host Brumbies . Tahs would then host winners of Sharks/ Brumbies ?? and Crusaders would host Chiefs (sorry Forcers).
Tahs or whoever would then have to cross ditch to play Saders or Chiefs so this will definitely come down to Bonus points and could well decide the final.
Very important for either the Kiwi boys to stop scoring tries or Aussie teams to get an upset somewhere..Tahs v Chiefs??
....Lets keep it clean guys and not run over me too much and we ARE playing Reds in death valley in last round but I'm getting excited..:)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The first countback method is number of wins, so if we finish on the same points as the Brumbies it would be likely that they are ahead of us because currently we have three extra bonus points. Hard to see us ending on the same points without them having an extra win.

Status
Not open for further replies.