• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fowi

Chris McKivat (8)
He lost his Mum recently didn't he? Maybe it has changed his perspective on things and he just needs to get away while still young.

Best of luck to him though. Big loss to the Tahs and Australian Rugby.

I was thinking something similar maybe he just wanted to get away from Sydney and Australia for a few years to get away from the constant pressure and scrutiny. Going to Ireland and playing without the stress or expectation of leading the pack or gunning for Wallaby selection will do him good.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
He lost his Mum recently didn't he? Maybe it has changed his perspective on things and he just needs to get away while still young.

Best of luck to him though. Big loss to the Tahs and Australian Rugby.

Hmmm that was a while ago, no?

I suppose it is all just guesswork until we hear it from the horse's mouth.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Very strange decision from Douglas. Leinster must be offering big dollars for him to throw away a shot at the World Cup.

an Irish rugby blogger (so not a great source) told me Leinster were offering $500k on their overseas lock. Not sure if Kanye is worth all of it, but I'd take that sort of money too.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Simmons is OK for a provincial player.

But he looks like a silly, ignorant boy at Test level with the penalty magnetism and the tough guy idiocy and the getting rag-dolled by the big men.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
an Irish rugby blogger (so not a great source) told me Leinster were offering $500k on their overseas lock. Not sure if Kanye is worth all of it, but I'd take that sort of money too.

It would definitely liven up the WAGS club. Not necessarily in a good way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Not good to lose two young locks to overseas prior to the World Cup.

Moves Skelton, Jones and Coleman well up the pecking order.

As soon as he pulls on the sky blue, he'll be a line out general of the first order who doesn't back down from doing the dirty work and knows when to give away a strategic penalty to set the tone. We need blokes like that.

T

TOCC

Simmons is OK for a provincial player.

But he looks like a silly, ignorant boy at Test level with the penalty magnetism and the tough guy idiocy and the getting rag-dolled by the big men.

He was one of the best wallaby forwards on the EOYT last year

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
not sure where this belongs, and I might get in trouble, but saw the massive new fijian dude from wests tigers at granville park on saturday. Might suggest they signed him

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Oh that's good I read he was linked to Narbonne so thought he was up in the air about his future.

It's an absolute disgrace the Tahs chose to keep Peterson over Coleman. I mean Coleman even played for the Tahs as a non-contracted player before Peterson did who had been in the set up for 2 years. The biggest mystery in Aus rugby is surely how Peterson keeps a pro contract.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Oh that's good I read he linked to Narbonne so thought he was up in the air about his future.
He I saw that too so was good to see him staying.

Battye has signed with a French club but he hasn't really done much since being signed up at a young age.

Status
Not open for further replies.