• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmyjam

Watty Friend (18)
"The trust has an ambitious master plan – which follows on from the $197 million new Noble, Bradman Messenger Stand at the SCG – to include a full upgrade and a ‘‘clear membrane roof’’ at Allianz, making it the country’s first naturally lit enclosed stadium."

Great investment, considering 90% of NRL, Super Rugby and AL are played at night! ..................o_O

Aussie D

Bob Davidson (42)
as long as it keeps the rain out it is all good.
Phitzy you are wrong, Homebush is pants and should put in 5 times as much to get games there. Personally would love to see the 'tahs take 1 game to Newcastle and 1 to another country area (Central Coast would be my pick). Especially games that do not traditionally get big crowds in Sydney as country fans would love to just be able to watch a decent game (that isn't a trial).

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Stadium rebates are represent about 15% of total revenue.
Don't hold your breath,for the Tahs to go on the road and spread the love.
$2.3M is a lot of cash,and they can't do without it.
If anything I would guess there is more likelihood of more games at Homebush.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
How is Big Willies mate from Hills Sports, Steve Cummins (Eastwood now IIRC), going?

He was a length of a lad as Schoolboys captain, but spent most of last year in Team Rehab.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
GG reporting a big name Red shopping himself at the Tahs.

I wonder if its Rob Simmons. In light of this news, would you take him? I know how much you NSW fans love him.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Very strange decision from Douglas. Leinster must be offering big dollars for him to throw away a shot at the World Cup.

Not good to lose two young locks to overseas prior to the World Cup.

Moves Skelton, Jones and Coleman well up the pecking order.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Not good to lose two young locks to overseas prior to the World Cup.

No. I wonder if Link has been talking to some of the players and giving them brutally honest assessments of where they stand in the pecking order?

I doubt it though. Surely Douglas would be well in contention. Pyle's departure was somewhat understandable, but this is a head scratcher.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member

I wonder if its Rob Simmons. In light of this news, would you take him? I know how much you NSW fans love him.

I would take him in a heartbeat, we badly need a lineout general. Would lessen our reliance on Dennis too.

Fowi

Chris McKivat (8)
Mmmmmm, maybe he just wants to get away from Sydney for a few years, come back after his two years are done and really push on from there with the experience of playing two long seasons in Europe against some of the toughest forward packs.

But this really will accelerate the promotion of Jones and Skelton in particular with Coleman following shortly behind.

Fowi

Chris McKivat (8)

In short yes. Simmons may not be showing it this year but he is a bloody good player, very experienced for his age and will be able to run our lineout.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Very strange decision from Douglas. Leinster must be offering big dollars for him to throw away a shot at the World Cup.

Listening to Off the Ball (Irish rugby podcast) they talked about the post RWC migration to NH clubs and the lack of stars on the market prior

Not a bad option for these lessor ranked units like Mowen, Smith & Douglas to embed themselves while they can

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

He lost his Mum recently didn't he? Maybe it has changed his perspective on things and he just needs to get away while still young.

Best of luck to him though. Big loss to the Tahs and Australian Rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.