• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
but they get you to them

If Team A and Team B finish on the same points, but Team B had more bonus points, it stands to reason that Team B has less wins.

E.g. 44 points could be 11 wins, or ten wins with four bonus points.

The only place it gets murky is draws, but then the decider is least number of losses from memory, so Team B can't win there either

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
If Team A and Team B finish on the same points, but Team B had more bonus points, it stands to reason that Team B has less wins.

E.g. 44 points could be 11 wins, or ten wins with four bonus points.

The only place it gets murky is draws, but then the decider is least number of losses from memory, so Team B can't win there either
but if Team A and Team B both win the same amount of games from here in and Team B gets more bonus points them Team B gets through.....as I said I just made my calls on all games from here in including losing bonus poits and 4 try bonus points and that's what I came up with.....do your own calls on each games and show me your table...it is very subjective but i would love to see what everyone comes up with.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Thats not the only surprising selection - though one of the reserves is to be omitted.
Cheika deserves to get bitten on the arse for leaving Potgeiter out.
I suppose it could be "rotation" but even then I know who I'd rotate out.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
In what world should Potiger be behind Dennis.. frustrating

Potgieter almost didn't play this week because he has bone bruising or something.

I expect Cheika will be hoping he doesn't have to play many minutes. I'm wondering whether it wouldn't have been a much better option to give him a week off and give Jed Holloway a crack off the bench. Or is Holloway injured again?

It shows how light on we are at lock.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Potgieter almost didn't play this week because he has bone bruising or something.

I expect Cheika will be hoping he doesn't have to play many minutes. I'm wondering whether it wouldn't have been a much better option to give him a week off and give Jed Holloway a crack off the bench. Or is Holloway injured again?

It shows how light on we are at lock.

Would he risk him on that basis?
Skelton cannot be relied on for 80 minutes. Palu is in the middle of at the end of his longest injury free run for 5 years. Hoiles is unconvincing these days.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I can't let your remark about Hoiles sail through to the keeper there, IS, he's EXACTLY the sort of player every Super squad needs. Does his job well when called up from the bench, scores the occasional try and doesn't crack under pressure. Yeah, he's not a first-choice player these days but to have a well-rested test veteran on the bench is priceless.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
As Lindomer said, Hoiles is a great Captain and player and many people's opinion is clouded on his worth because of his injury plagued time with the Brumbies.

I would suggest seriously that I would have him starting in front of Dennis.

Its 50-50 for me. Dennis was very good against the Canes.

If we were playing the final this week and Pots was fully fit Dennis and Hoiles would both be on the bench

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I can't let your remark about Hoiles sail through to the keeper there, IS, he's EXACTLY the sort of player every Super squad needs. Does his job well when called up from the bench, scores the occasional try and doesn't crack under pressure. Yeah, he's not a first-choice player these days but to have a well-rested test veteran on the bench is priceless.
Used to love him as a player. Agree with your comments about his less tangible qualities but I'm not enthused about his play any more.
Having said that I wasn't arguing for his removal from the bench - just, as I later realized, talking myself into having to pick potgeiter even if not fully fit.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Its 50-50 for me. Dennis was very good against the Canes.

If we were playing the final this week and Pots was fully fit Dennis and Hoiles would both be on the bench

There is a huge amount of negative bias against Dennis in all these discussions.

He had an excellent game against the Canes but still most punters think Hoiles should be ahead of him. Hoiles has been solid in his little cameos which is exactly what we need from him, but he isn't exactly breaking the game open.

Clearly Potgieter is ahead of Dennis if they are competing for the 6 jersey but that is more a sign of Potgieter being amongst our best two forwards this season with Hooper.

If Dennis was only mildly more popular amongst fans, I don't think this discussion would be happening much at all. He hasn't been outstanding this season but he's done his job and the lineout works much better when he's on the field. I expect Hooper will take over as captain next season which considering he's a strong chance to be Wallaby captain is neither unexpected or necessarily a reflection on Dennis.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
There is a huge amount of negative bias against Dennis in all these discussions.

He had an excellent game against the Canes but still most punters think Hoiles should be ahead of him. Hoiles has been solid in his little cameos which is exactly what we need from him, but he isn't exactly breaking the game open.

Clearly Potgieter is ahead of Dennis if they are competing for the 6 jersey but that is more a sign of Potgieter being amongst our best two forwards this season with Hooper.

If Dennis was only mildly more popular amongst fans, I don't think this discussion would be happening much at all. He hasn't been outstanding this season but he's done his job and the lineout works much better when he's on the field. I expect Hooper will take over as captain next season which considering he's a strong chance to be Wallaby captain is neither unexpected or necessarily a reflection on Dennis.

Excellent game is a stretch, have a look at the tape he is diving at the ground before contact with ball in hand. Cant recall one significant shot in defence.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Excellent game is a stretch, have a look at the tape he is diving at the ground before contact with ball in hand. Cant recall one significant shot in defence.

Why is it a stretch?

He scored the first try to spark a comeback from 24-7 down against a team higher than us on the ladder that had won four games in a row.

He had the third most run metres out of our forwards and second most tackles in the team. He won two of our six lineout wins.

I'd call that a great captain's knock. What exactly are you expecting?

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Why is it a stretch?

He scored the first try to spark a comeback from 24-7 down against a team higher than us on the ladder that had won four games in a row.

He had the third most run metres out of our forwards and second most tackles in the team. He won two of our six lineout wins.

I'd call that a great captain's knock. What exactly are you expecting?
Think that you must throw 'excellent' around a bit, when it describes 3rd most metres and two lineout wins. The try would have been scored by any forward in the squad.

Hooper was Excellent,

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was very good

Skelton was very good

Dennis along with a host of other players were good.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Let's move on then.

You think Dennis is crap and you'd prefer the Randwick player to start.

I think Dennis has been fine this season.

Clearly neither of us are going to convince the other person that they're wrong.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Let's move on then.

You think Dennis is crap and you'd prefer the Randwick player to start.

I think Dennis has been fine this season.

Clearly neither of us are going to convince the other person that they're wrong.
read my earlier post mate, I think Poitiger to start..

Status
Not open for further replies.